• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Jesus the stupidity. “I’m no legal expert but let me give you my legal opinion” says one chief. Do they even listen to themselves.
Some have ego's that are inflated larger than the Hindenburg! I expect those are the one's that issue restrictions or soon to be the one's that pout about losing some of their control regarding firearms restrictions.

Tough call. You shouldn’t have to wait. What do they think will happen if you become a victim between now and then because your carry is restricted. Not smart on their part if you ask me.
You write that like the police GAF if he becomes a victim between now and then.

Next opinion day is Wednesday but there isn’t another order day scheduled yet. Also if the order was ready, you’d think they would have issued it f today. Since they didn’t, there must be some discussion still which means they’ll talk about it at the next conference which also isn’t on the calendar yet
They release in some sort of seniority order among the justices.
(For the whole end-of-session queue?)

If they deem all mag restrictions unconstitutional, there will be a lot of happy MA folks
If I heard that,
I'ma light out for 619DW up in MerryMag like a scalded cat...

emailed comm2a couldnt find a number and emailed FPC
Be patient, I’d guess they’re getting many calls and e-mails today
Can you imagine the new phone tree?
You have reached Comm2A.​
We're sorry all of our lines are busy.​
If you want to get a suitability denial reversed, press "1#".​
If you want to get restrictions lifted, press "2#".​
If you want to buy large cap mags, press "3#".​
If you want to buy a Glerk, press "19#".​
If you want to buy an AR, press "15#".​
...​

LA Times is a cesspool of racism
la_times_black_people_guns_06-27-2022.jpg

Oh I know they didn’t in the past and probably still don’t now. My point is in light of everything that has transpired recently if god forbid something like I mentioned were to happen now, well with the possibility of a mountain sized shit slide that would start at the top of local government and roll on top of the pd at the bottom of the hill……..you can fill in the rest.

If I heard that,

Can you imagine the new phone tree?
You have reached Comm2A.​
We're sorry all of our lines are busy.​
If you want to get a suitability denial reversed, press "1#".​
If you want to get restrictions lifted, press "2#".​
If you want to buy large cap mags, press "3#".​
If you want to buy a Glerk, press "19#".​
If you want to buy an AR, press "15#".​
...​

On the day the opinion is issued, they use reverse seniority of the author of the opinion. So any opinion authored by Barrett would be the first released on that day, then Kavanaugh, Gorsuch…..

I don’t know of any reason why opinions are released at a certain time other than it’s ready. The more controversial opinions seem to always be released at the end of a term. Some of that is probably related to there being a lot more debate and bedside to have the opinion say certain things.

Attleboro, Seekonk and Norton toeing the line. I thought Attleboro was more green than this...

Norton Police Chief Brian Clark agrees and does not see any major changes.
“Massachusetts has had pretty strict gun laws for quite a while. We’re considered the model for the rest of the country,” Clark said.

Ha ha ha. No it’s not.

While the NFA should fall these are the cases to get the fastest smackdown
Farmer v. Higgins
United States v. Rock Island Armory
UNITED STATES v. WARNER

Warner is interesting given how the silencer possession was an acquittal (not certain about the particulars) but the court found for his argument for leniency based on modifying for full auto as a hobby interest.
Point 32 in the link: "No class of private persons, whether denominated by hobby or employment, is excused from that prohibition."
This point seems factually incorrect as the employment of FFL manufacturer with SOT does allow exclusion from the prohibition.

Question for Rhodies - Who is studying an injunction against the new restrictions set to go into place?
This seems like a very ripe subject given the number of people and the timeline.

Question for Rhodies - Who is studying an injunction against the new restrictions set to go into place?
This seems like a very ripe subject given the number of people and the timeline.
In MA, it's probably better to get a couple of these AWB/mag ban other cases settled using the new standard, and then use them as precedent to argue in 1st Cir. Especially in less 2A-friendly circuits. But that might just be my optimism.

In MA, it's probably better to get a couple of these AWB/mag ban other cases settled using the new standard, and then use them as precedent to argue in 1st Cir. Especially in less 2A-friendly circuits. But that might just be my optimism.
Given the short fuse the SCOTUS may be ripe to offer a per curiam like Caetano since the law is easily outside the bounds of Bruen.
If the 1st wants to offer up its usual tripe and have everyone's mag bans nullified then everyone wins. If they knuckle under to allow other circuits to keep bans we still win

Norton Police Chief Brian Clark agrees and does not see any major changes.
“Massachusetts has had pretty strict gun laws for quite a while. We’re considered the model for the rest of the country,” Clark said.

Ha ha ha. No it’s not.
you are so right, it really is NOT the model, 43 states are shall issue says the court!! MA may be the model for 6??? sorry Brian Clark

Given the short fuse the SCOTUS may be ripe to offer a per curiam like Caetano since the law is easily outside the bounds of Bruen.
If the 1st wants to offer up its usual tripe and have everyone's mag bans nullified then everyone wins. If they knuckle under to allow other circuits to keep bans we still win
hmmm. Let's hope they do the right thing.... for once

If I heard that,
He'll there's websites also you can get them, but that's a more instantaneous fullfillment
Not once VTEC kicks in on the Everett...

On the day the opinion is issued, they use reverse seniority of the author of the opinion. So any opinion authored by Barrett would be the first released on that day, then Kavanaugh, Gorsuch…..
Thanks much; that's exactly the bum steer I was thinking of
but didn't have the energy to look up.

I don’t know of any reason why opinions are released at a certain time other than it’s ready. The more controversial opinions seem to always be released at the end of a term. Some of that is probably related to there being a lot more debate and bedside to have the opinion say certain things.
Well in these cases, it's probably not because they want to
stir things up during peak riot season.

Last edited:
Replying to my own post after some searching

Challenge is already filed - hopefully they can quickly update the filing to include Bruen which should shut it down immediately.

So, mostly for fun, I dropped a dime on Maura with Rachel Rollins' office. You can submit a criminal complaint here. I figure I pay taxes to fund the US Attorney; might as well use her.

I wrote the following:

"Pursuant to the Bruen ruling that invalidates discretionary firearms licensure schemes in NY and seven other states (including Massachusetts), the state AG's office must change its licensing regulations. They have chosen not to comply, despite having had four days to do so. Indeed, the AG's office has made an explicit statement that their policies will not change.

"I'm curious how long the Supreme Court, through your office, intends to tolerate their insolence. Thank you!"

ETA: Oops. Shoulda said "six other states."
Oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom