• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tennessee - Man Pulls Gun In Knife Fight

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=113329&provider=gnews

No charges have been filed against a man accused of bringing out a gun during a knife fight.

Officers arrested Matthew Dressler on Friday at a Wal-Mart in Maryville.

According to investigators, the 26-year-old picked a fight with another customer inside the store. At some point, Dressler pulled a knife.

Another customer, Billy Dunkelberger, 21, tried to help. Officers said Dressler then pointed his knife at him, so Dunkelberger pulled a gun.

No one was hurt, and police arrested Dressler. He's charged with aggravated assault.

Dunkelberger is not facing any charges because he's a gun permit holder.

This was in the comments below the story...
Want to know the funny thing about this story? Mr. Dunkelberger actually said to Mr. Dresseler when drawing his gun 'don't bring a knife to a gun fight.' The not so funny thing is that the man he was protecting was my father. I am forever thankful to Mr. Dunkelberger for stepping up and potentially saving my dad's life. The aggressor Mr. Dressler posted $20,000 BAIL within a few hours. Any guesses on what he does for a living? I have a few of my own... Must've felt like a big man being 26 picking on a 56 year old man. Lesson learned though- our entire family will have our gun carry permits ASAP!

I have always been a firm believer in bringing a gun to a knife fight, knives are dangerous and scare the hell out of me, they should be regulated.

Good result. I don't like the headline, though. It implies the aggressor gets to pick what kind of fight it is, as if the victim should be limited to the attacker's choice of arms. I realize the editor probably meant to be funny, but I see/hear that kind of thinking in the press all the time.

I don't like knives at all, they are way too messy, and you have to be in someone's personal space to use one effectively.. I'm all set with that.. Good for him for standing up for another citizen..

Last edited:
Which is NOT how the scene was written. Ford was tired and racked with intestinal problems, so he asked Speilberg if he could just SHOOT the swordsman.

A Cinematic Moment was born.

Back
Top Bottom