Thank You NES for Introducing My Family and I to Appleseed

Before discovering NES I had no idea what an Appleseed was at all. I heard about them here and I wanted to say thanks.

My father is getting older (64) and he asked me to arrange "something fun this summer that I can do with my boys." I researched an Appleseed in Colebrook, CT and signed up my two brothers, my father and his girlfriend. None of us had ever done an Appleseed before. We all had varying degrees of experience. My younger brother having not shot a rifle since he was 15 (over 20 years ago).

This past weekend was one of the most enjoyable of my life. We all had a great time. Lots of really good memories were made.

Now I just need to stop sitting here at work and thinking about buying a bull barrel and new stock for my 10/22 and which Appleseed to sign up for next. [smile]

I'll have to get back to you on that - while Harvard does have a small space for camping, I'm not sure how it works when the camper isn't a member - the club has a gate across the road, so if you had to go out for, say, dinner, getting back in would be problematic.

Stay tuned; there's a meeting Thursday night and I'll find out then.

Back
Top Bottom