The ACTUAL Tax Stamp

Hooray! just got mine. Turn around is approximately 1 month with E-Forms. If the paper forms didn't take so long I'd rather do that and get an actual stamp as pictured. The print out one is kind of lame. They should just mail you the form regardless of how it was filled.. [hmmm]

What date did did you file, I filed mine on 11/10

Hooray! just got mine. Turn around is approximately 1 month with E-Forms. If the paper forms didn't take so long I'd rather do that and get an actual stamp as pictured. The print out one is kind of lame. They should just mail you the form regardless of how it was filled.. [hmmm]

What date did did you file, I filed mine on 11/10

I filed one on 9/22 and I botched the form. I put the current measurements of my rifle in the box instead of what it was supposed to be, which is 16" instead of 10" so on 10/30 I got a disapproval email and the reason was that it was 16" barrel length hence not SBR.
Disappointed at myself, I filed again 10/31 and I'm guessing the Thanksgiving holiday delayed it a bit it was approved 12/8

I filed another one last week so can't wait for that one! [grin]

Look at it this way: with the PDF, from the time it is approved to the time you have your stamp is nearly instant. With paper, it may take a week for it to get mailed to you.

I don't get the preference some folks have for the physical stamp. The PDF is legally the same, and the long term trend is for as much as possible to go all-digital anyway.

I want the physical stamp because I feel like I got a bit more than a dumb piece of paper that suddenly makes it ok for me to own something

So when some known anti, in an environment where it may not work out well to be "out", asks what you do for hobbies you can say that you collect stamps? [laugh]

hell yeah!

Sadly the stamps I really want to collect (suppressors, MGs) are either inaccessible to me (MA, and VT in the not too distant future) or way out of my price range =(

I'm going to try and focus my wishing and hoping for a repeal of the NFA or at least a repeal of the Hughes amendment. Either of those seem more likely than my being able to invest $20000+ in a registered M16 lower or RDIAS.

The real stamp IS cool. But with the electronic version you can make identical back up copies on paper and store them on your computer, too.

The approval email should have contained a PDF attachment

My iPhone mail did not show the pdf but showed the paper clip icon. I went into webmail and sent the pdf to my mail again and got it.

The stamp is part of the form. On the approved form which says draft on it, it has the stamp as pictured earlier. It was not cancelled and looks just like everybody else's stamp.

The emailed pdf is all I have and there does not appear to be a copy on the atf efile website.

I can easily condense it to carry in the butt stock.

As a security concern, anybody can forge such a document so I really don't see what the point is.

My iPhone mail did not show the pdf but showed the paper clip icon. I went into webmail and sent the pdf to my mail again and got it.

The stamp is part of the form. On the approved form which says draft on it, it has the stamp as pictured earlier. It was not cancelled and looks just like everybody else's stamp.

The emailed pdf is all I have and there does not appear to be a copy on the atf efile website.

I can easily condense it to carry in the butt stock.

As a security concern, anybody can forge such a document so I really don't see what the point is.

Couple of things... the final form should NOT say "DRAFT" across it. You should contact the NFA branch about that and they can correct it for you - it's happened to some others.

Second, you can get to the form from the eFile site to re-download your form - in fact you may need to do that to get the corrected form. Once you log in, go to the left where it says approved and click that. Then click Form 1, then on the right you can click the little document with an eye icon to view the form. Then click "view form" and it should download the PDF.

Couple of things... the final form should NOT say "DRAFT" across it. You should contact the NFA branch about that and they can correct it for you - it's happened to some others.

Second, you can get to the form from the eFile site to re-download your form - in fact you may need to do that to get the corrected form. Once you log in, go to the left where it says approved and click that. Then click Form 1, then on the right you can click the little document with an eye icon to view the form. Then click "view form" and it should download the PDF.

Mine says draft as well. Better fix that. Thanks for the heads up

I just thought of this. When you EFile you get a form that's signed and has the stamp print on it.
As a trust, none of the 2nd page is filled out. Is the first page all you need to actually have?

They replaced my form 1 with the draft across it I got a new approved date with it too, then 3 days later they approved another one that was pending at a total of 34 days from submitted date very nice !

Back
Top Bottom