• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun Parlor helping the antis..

I told you, we need a thread to figure that one out [rofl] Probably that's a good venue for TGP to shine with their knowledge on the subject. They have been ridden by Mora for a while, so from their bottom-boy perspective they could really make a difference educating people.

Please start a pole thread. [rofl]

Somebody needs to start a consultancy aimed at helping gun shops and companies deal with shit like this. For example, stop your employees, friends and family from getting into it with the angry mob. Just stupid, obvious shit.

Somebody needs to start a consultancy aimed at helping gun shops and companies deal with shit like this. For example, stop your employees, friends and family from getting into it with the angry mob. Just stupid, obvious shit.

"Don't talk to the media. Don't engage leftist retards."

How hard is that?

If you don’t have enough common sense to avoid this, you probably should not be running a company, let alone a gun shop.

Yeah I said something to him yesterday on Facebook about being insecure since all he has is pictures of himself and his truck And he told me to be careful he’s an animal and he might be able to pick up my wife I told him he couldn’t because she saw that your a lousy shot from the video[rofl]

his flicker page reeks of roids [laugh] no wander dude is so angry, eat bacon once in a while. If anyone is latent here ...

Plus, stop leaving reviews that say stuff about the anti gun hit piece, or the 2a if you want to tank the ratings. If they moderate those will be easy to take down. Put in something about how much their service sucks, or how overpriced everything is and it looks legit, seeing as those things are true.
So lie to achieve your goal. So tell me how you are better than the AG?
Oh right, it's because it's 2a, or because they went first.

Speak out against what they did, yes
Use your $ to make the point, yes
Make up "facts", no
Lie to further your goal, no

A person who is willing to throw away morality to further their goals can not be trusted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised he hasn't shown up to make a damage control post here or on his own site....

If you follow them on FB (I follow all shops that have a FB page) you will see that even yesterday they had posted several ads for guns they were selling.

Predictably, all the ads got trolled in the comments, but GP was quick to scrub the mean comments. Basically ignoring the issue there as well.

When this started, I felt that everyone was over reacting to what they did, but here a few days later it really looks like they were trying to nuke a competitor.

I wonder how much of their business comes from the range. It may well be better for them if MA legislates us down to flintlocks and then everyone can go to TGP to shoot the extra killy kill machines which kill.

Their inventory is what still confuses me, though. I think Mike is right that we're not the enthusiasts they're looking for but, at the same time, who else is buying collector level pre-94 AKs and MA neutered SCARs? This isn't a shop that features an amazing variety of shotgun shells and live bait.

I agree. I patronized them right before they moved to the new location. Just got a profit sharing check at work and was excited until I found out how much I overpaid. Since then, I only do business with Bob's in Webster. Bob has always been fair and never gouged during the bad times. These guys need to do some damage control ASAP. Calling NES members "closet homo's" wasn't the brightest start....

Their inventory is what still confuses me, though. I think Mike is right that we're not the enthusiasts they're looking for but, at the same time, who else is buying collector level pre-94 AKs and MA neutered SCARs? This isn't a shop that features an amazing variety of shotgun shells and live bait.

Hard-core enthusiasts (let's say the top 20%) aren't the only people that want to buy "cool looking" guns.

Maybe they have a crew of regulars that come around and buy that stuff that negotiate for a somewhat better price, but still probably high. Think "what zero hour used to be". They had a group of acolytes that bought stuff there regardless of the price... a cult following, if you will. I knew one guy that would literally buy a new handgun every two weeks. Last I saw the guy a month ago he was still doing it, 10 years later. It is absolutely hysterical. He would buy a handgun, shoot it, suck at shooting it, blame the gun, put it up on consignment.... wash rinse repeat. Buying his used guns are great deals because they're all basically just past the break in point.... [laugh]

Periodically in my cigar smoking circles I run into a lot of these types of gun buyers. They are not necessarily price sensitive (many are pretty well off) but they can be like OMG I WANT SOMETHING KEWL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! think deep pockets, but not necessarily smart pockets. Theres this realm of people that buy stuff but lets put it this way... over a given span of a year, these guys spend way more on guns than they do ammunition.

These types of people buy all kinds of stuff but they're not necessarily what I would call "well informed" buyers.

ETA: I think this "effect" is also worse in MA than it is in other places. Various people are "afraid" of MA law, so they're afraid to do anything else but buy from the dealer down the street, its like a blankie or a pacifier to them. The idea of transferring a gun in off gunbroker or facilitating an inbound from a nearby state is pretty much a pant shitting hysterics event for them that they can't wrap their head around and they feel like the waffen SS will come get them if they try to lawfully buy a gun from out of state...

-Mike

Last edited:

Make up "facts", no

A person who is willing to throw away morality to further their goals can not be trusted.

Throw away morality? Didn’t the Gun parlor do that when they dimed out Target Sports?

Make up "facts", no

Throw away morality? Didn’t the Gun parlor do that when they dimed out Target Sports?

So you are going with it's OK "because they went first", which you edited out of your response. And your reasoning "dimed out Target Sports" is a made up fact since there is absolutely no evidence that this occurred (plenty of speculation).

I condemn GP for all they did and said.
I condemn those engaged in a witch hunt. (BTW: this includes the AG's witch hunt against gun owners)

When exactly is Witch season? And what's the limit?

So you are going with it's OK "because they went first", which you edited out of your response. And your reasoning "dimed out Target Sports" is a made up fact since there is absolutely no evidence that this occurred (plenty of speculation).

I condemn GP for all they did and said.
I condemn those engaged in a witch hunt. (BTW: this includes the AG's witch hunt against gun owners)

When exactly is Witch season? And what's the limit?

I think if they nipped this in the butt asap, it would have been much better for them. We are all in this anti-gun shitshow together. When we attack each other, the liberals win.... And they are winning....

Last edited:
I think if they nipped this in the butt asap, it would have been much better for them. We are all in this shitshow together. When we attack each other, they win again. And they are winning....

A gun shop is automatically part of some RKBA "collective consciousness" or something? Apparently I missed the memo on that.

Not sure if serious. Gun shops are primarily in the business of selling guns. SOME of the shop owners also just happen to be big RKBA advocates, etc, but the things are not always mutual. That silly nostrum is about as naive as assuming that every gun owner cares about your rights simply because they happen to own guns.... the sad thing is that's also been proven to not be true, as theres at least two license holders in this hit piece that were directly involved in it.

Food for thought. You ever wonder why we still have import bans in this country? It isn't primarily because of the president, or the politicians. It's because of the US gun industry- protectionism demanded by certain people that own manufacturers. Process that for a moment.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom