• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Is Going Broke And Moving To Texas

I hope it makes me a bad person for saying hasta laql. Kke vista baby. By now Wayne must realize he is hated even by gun owning purists like myself, but that SOB won't pack it up and call it a day. He's going to drain every last penny out of the NRA along with whatever good will is left. Just being an NRA member pi**es me off.
What really irritated me immensely was the constant "boy who cried wolf" bullshit from the NRA. While I was a member during my foolish younger years, I would regularly get "alerts" asking for more money for some bullshit reasons like the ATF determined that my Daisy air rifle suddenly morphed into a silent sniper rifle or that my Winchester lever action suddenly became an unregistered machine gun because some unnamed actor rigged it with rubber bands and a plastic baffle, getting it to fire twice with one trigger pull. NRA lost whatever little credibility they once had with me completely. I've had more than my fill of their lies and unjustified spreading of fear and panic to line their own pockets. Screw on them! They go belly up? Good riddance! No great loss!

NRA lost whatever little credibility they once had with me completely. I've had more than my fill of their lies and unjustified spreading of fear and panic to line their own pockets. Screw on them! They go belly up? Good riddance! No great loss!

This is typical of someone playing small ball and not seeing the forest through the trees. They have a tremendous impact on pending legislation, lawsuits etc. AND WLP is a douche. Both true but don't be the skinflint with your $30 because if the NRA goes away things will go sideways fast for us. Sucks but it is true.

The NRA is bigger and more important than any issues with La Pierre and still our best defense against the much more substantial anti-2A forces.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration, then designate your contributions exclusively to the Political Victory Fund or the Institute for Legislative Action.

? Do tell…
Grab your favorite beverage, put your feet up and peruse this, locked for good reason, thread. It is now a historical document in MA 2A organizations.

Last edited:
It has been quite a long time, so my memory may not be accurate. But there were allegations of nepotism and no-bid contracts with a supplier that he also had an ownership position in.
Sounds like the long delayed construction of a new range at my old club.

Can't the NRA Board of Directors call for Lapierre resignation if they want?
Have you written or called the members of the Board to make your wishes known?
Do you vote on whom the BOD comprises?

This is typical of someone playing small ball and not seeing the forest through the trees. They have a tremendous impact on pending legislation, lawsuits etc. AND WLP is a douche. Both true but don't be the skinflint with your $30 because if the NRA goes away things will go sideways fast for us. Sucks but it is true.
When one lies, one loses their credibility. Not sure what "woke" parents are teaching their kids these days, but my sister and I were raised to be truthful. Get caught lying and people won't believe what you say anymore or be highly skeptical at the least. NRA didn't just tell a few white lies. For them it was, and is, a long established pattern of telling very tall tales and bullshitting heaps!

Not true at all. NRA was responsible for defeating the MA Handgun ban and starting GOAL.

In 1976, a handgun confiscation initiative appeared on the statewide ballot in Massachusetts.

It was proposed that authorities confiscate all handguns in the state, including BB guns. Gun owners would have six months to surrender their firearms, after which they would face a mandatory year in prison for owning a handgun.

The confiscation law seemed poised to pass. The most liberal state in the nation, Massachusetts--along with the District of Columbia--was the only place that had given its electoral votes to Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern in 1972. (McGovern had run on a platform calling for a national ban on all handguns considered "unsuitable for sporting purposes.")

Most of the Massachusetts media strongly supported a handgun ban. The Boston Globe, whose reach extends throughout the relatively small state, vehemently opposed handgun ownership. So did the television stations in Boston.

Early polling suggested that a handgun ban would pass handily. Further, in the 1974 election, voters in several state legislative districts had overwhelmingly supported measures instructing their state legislators to vote for strict anti-gun legislation.

In the early 1970s, Massachusetts gun owners were numerous, but they were disorganized, disillusioned and defeatist. That began to change in 1974, when the NRA helped organize a joint sportsmen's committee, which soon became the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL). With gun owners cooperating and contributing, goal was able to hire a full-time executive director, and then a secretary. To have two people working full-time on gun rights issues made a big difference, starting in the state legislature.

Together, GOAL and NRA began a grassroots education campaign against Question 5. It started with county-level meetings throughout the state in August. Voter registration information was distributed in English and Spanish. The meetings were attended by 18,000 people, and from them came nearly 2,000 volunteers. The meetings also raised money for billboards, fliers and other advertising.

The GOAL and NRA activists made their case to other organizations, including the Farm Bureau, Grange, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, the Western Massachusetts Labor Council and many local union members, who joined them in opposing Question 5.

In the early 1970s, Massachusetts gun owners were numerous, but they were disorganized, disillusioned and defeatist. That began to change in 1974, when the NRA helped organize a joint sportsmen's committee, which soon became the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL). With gun owners cooperating and contributing, goal was able to hire a full-time executive director, and then a secretary. To have two people working full-time on gun rights issues made a big difference, starting in the state legislature.

Together, GOAL and NRA began a grassroots education campaign against Question 5. It started with county-level meetings throughout the state in August. Voter registration information was distributed in English and Spanish. The meetings were attended by 18,000 people, and from them came nearly 2,000 volunteers. The meetings also raised money for billboards, fliers and other advertising.

The GOAL and NRA activists made their case to other organizations, including the Farm Bureau, Grange, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, the Western Massachusetts Labor Council and many local union members, who joined them in opposing Question 5.

Complete details at:

Against All Odds​

by Dave Kopel Jan. 25, 2012

Not what I saw and I was there! People vs. Handguns had booths and tables set up in the Liberty Tree, Northshore, Natick and the (now-defunct) Methuen malls with the referendum petitions, urging people to John Hancock their 2A rights away. They were handing out pamphlets to further spread fear. That's what I personally witnessed. I am sure it was that way at countless other malls and shopping centers through the state. That's what got the question on the ballot to begin with. Curiously, I didn't see a single NRA booth, table or representative. Never got one piece of mail or even a phone call from the NRA while this petition was rapidly collecting signatures. Kopel can say what he wants. I know what I saw and experienced.

Not what I saw and I was there! People vs. Handguns had booths and tables set up in the Liberty Tree, Northshore, Natick and the (now-defunct) Methuen malls with the referendum petitions, urging people to John Hancock their 2A rights away. They were handing out pamphlets to further spread fear. That's what I personally witnessed. I am sure it was that way at countless other malls and shopping centers through the state. That's what got the question on the ballot to begin with. Curiously, I didn't see a single NRA booth, table or representative. Never got one piece of mail or even a phone call from the NRA while this petition was rapidly collecting signatures. Kopel can say what he wants. I know what I saw and experienced.
You have been supplied with factual cases of where the NRA has carried the day yet you still provide nothing factual in return and still continue to parrot the exact same points that the anti-2A crown spews. All you keep repeating is your opinion, which is your right but don't pretend the data you have been shown doesn't exist. May I ask you, and the other NRA bashers what positives you believe come out from parroting the NRA bashers and how exactly it is helpful in terms of the bigger battle. Also what 2A rights organization do you belong to.

I guess at the end of the day I am in the minority as I have considered the Bruen decision to be one of the most important and far reaching decisions ever to be decided by SCOTUS. Carried by and financed by the NRA.

You have been supplied with factual cases of where the NRA has carried the day yet you still provide nothing factual in return and still continue to parrot the exact same points that the anti-2A crown spews. All you keep repeating is your opinion, which is your right but don't pretend the data you have been shown doesn't exist. May I ask you, and the other NRA bashers what positives you believe come out from parroting the NRA bashers and how exactly it is helpful in terms of the bigger battle. Also what 2A rights organization do you belong to.
I was physically present and watched, with my own eyes, People vs. Handguns in action. One of their representatives, a middle-aged woman, told a man who refused to sign the petition that if he wants to play with guns he should join the army. Another smart-alec told someone else that this is just the beginning and they planned to go after all guns after the handgun grab is completed. I was there. Where were the NRA representatives? I didn't see any. Maybe they were late to the party?

I was physically present and watched, with my own eyes, People vs. Handguns in action. One of their representatives, a middle-aged woman, told a man who refused to sign the petition that if he wants to play with guns he should join the army. Another smart-alec told someone else that this is just the beginning and they planned to go after all guns after the handgun grab is completed. I was there. Where were the NRA representatives? I didn't see any. Maybe they were late to the party?
Well, I'll put my internet lawyer hat on and say thanks but that's just hearsay. What about my other questions.

Hell man, 1976 I was on wife #1.

Not bragging, don't want anything for it, but the amount of money I have given to 2A rights totals in the thousands of dollars. Damn straight fact.

I belong to GOAL. Jim Wallace doesn't fritter away our money by living high off the hog like LaPierre does.

Hell man, 1976 I was on wife #1.

Not bragging, don't want anything for it, but the amount of money I have given to 2A rights totals in the thousands of dollars. Damn straight fact.
Show us canceled checks or other financial proof. Otherwise, it's just "hearsay", right?

Do me a favor and ask GOAL exactly how the NRA has helped them over the years. When they respond to you you will then be armed with factual information.
exactly.....which is why I rarely mention it here or anywhere else for that matter.
If you can afford to donate such generous amounts of cash, more power to you. Wife and I give what we can to help GOAL. Putting two kids through college was a challenge. We were never rich and did suffer some financial setbacks along the way, including a bitter strike at my company and loss of my wife's job at her company. Took a very long to bounce back. That is why it really pisses me off when people in positions of great trust (like LaPierre) just cavalierly squander our dues money with no accountability whatsoever. Some may consider him to be some type of hero, but he is nothing more than an embezzler as far as I am concerned. The sooner he is shown the door the better.

Well, over 95% of gun owners don't contribute a single cent nor do a single thing to support the 2A cause.
Are you wearing all of your Made in China NRA swag today because you sure are flying the NRA flag for Wayne. I will not.
In case you can’t see it thru your rose colored glasses I’m a green member here.
I was GOAL as a MA resident and I’m still supporting GOA, SAM and GOME.

Back
Top Bottom