The one you missed

SKS Ray

NES Member
I haven't been collecting long and have already seen some rifles and pistols seem to fade away in the short 3+ years i've been into milsurps. The one rifle I wish I would have picked up on is the M95 long rifles that were out a while back, and the no. 5 Enfield Jungle Carbines. I've seen these a few years ago in sales flyers and haven't seen them come back around since.
Onbviously I wish I would have grabbed an SVT40 when they were advertised, but i'm going by what I remember seeing.
So what rifle/pistol have any of you seen in a flyer and wished you'd have gotten?

Yup the Star B in 9mm years ago and i finally got one this year when it was advertised again.

I did miss on a Finnish M28 Ski-Troop 7,62x54r once. I seen two at a gun show and the rear twin sling slots thru me off i never seen that before. I went home and asked on a mosin forum and found out exactly what they were and went back the next day at the show and the better one was gone and the one that was left had screws in the stock. Both ski troop rifles looked like they were under the snow for a longtime too.

My problem is i will buy one to see what it looks like and by the time i try to buy another one there all gone. Everything is selling out faster and faster now. The example was the $79 britt enfields No1 MkIII, i got one anyway but they didn't last that long.

Last edited:
I haven't missed one yet, that I know of. Of course I'm new to this MilSurp thing so it's early. At least I haven't missed one of the advertised specials. I have missed a couple at shows, which I found out from other people on this forum when the posted about it! <G>

Speaking of No5 Jungle Carbines, I picked mine up Saturday. From everything I see, it's absolutely genuine. It has lightening cuts in all the right places, even the bolt handle. The way the numbers are placed on it also seems right. I'll post some pictures and a description in another thread when I get a moment.

Gary

Garys said:
I haven't missed one yet, that I know of. Of course I'm new to this MilSurp thing so it's early. At least I haven't missed one of the advertised specials. I have missed a couple at shows, which I found out from other people on this forum when the posted about it! <G>

Speaking of No5 Jungle Carbines, I picked mine up Saturday. From everything I see, it's absolutely genuine. It has lightening cuts in all the right places, even the bolt handle. The way the numbers are placed on it also seems right. I'll post some pictures and a description in another thread when I get a moment.

Gary

Post some shots of your shoulder after shooting it as i've heard they make Mosin carbines feel like 22 rifles.[smile]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Post some shots of your shoulder after shooting it as i've heard they make Mosin carbines feel like 22 rifles.[smile]

I've heard that too. I don't expect to shoot it much, if at all. It's definitely for collection purposes, not as a shooter. I have a Savage No 4 Mk1* and No 4 Mk2 that I do plan to shoot. I didn't plan to buy the No 5, but my friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom