The Twitt Mitt....

This has probably beed discussed ad nauseum here, but hey I'm new. Is anyone but me scared crapless that "Our Man Mitt" will get the nod for the Republican Show? This guy makes John Kerry look like a solid decision maker. Personally, I think he'd sell us down the river. I wonder why the NRA hasn't revoked his membership? Yet some like the following guy are sucked in by him. Is he some kind of a Svengali??? Here's two very different viewpoints I found while doing a quick search:

Mitt Rectum Sniffer

Romney Realist

What say you?

The guy stands for nothing except his own personal quest for power. Whatever he has to say to get there, he will say. End of story.

He's better than either Hillary or Obama (or Rudy G for that matter). I'll vote for him if he gets the nomination.

out of the establishment candidates Mitt is the best. he may be a bit of a pragmatist for some but you're not going to find anyone who hasn't changed opinions on stuff over the years. and if you do, that person is probably more dangerous than thoise who have.

yeah Mitt has to do some bobbing and weaving, he's got to appeal to many different interest groups in the gop but not piss to many off. that's politics people. Mitt is by far the most honest and compent leader of the establishment candidates. He's also the only one with a good shot at beating Hillary or Obama. He's whip smart and will eviserate those too. Rudy and McCain? they'd get their assses handed to them.

We're overlooking two other candidates

Its going to boil down to Romney vs. Obama.

Fred Thompson and Newt are both still in the running to declare. If Fred declares, I'll work my a$$ off for him here in CT.

www.fred08.com

Newt, too, although I believe he has less chance than Fred. Fred would rally all the "forgotten" conservatives around the country. He's well spoken, experienced, and has great face recognition. Mitt would be a poor choice for all the reasons mentioned but, if he's the candidate, he'll get my support over Mrs. Clinton, hands down.

Rome

He's better than either Hillary or Obama (or Rudy G for that matter). I'll vote for him if he gets the nomination.

Sadly, me too. This resonates of the South Park episode "Douche or Turd"
wherein the primary candidates (Bush and Gore at the time) were compared to a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

In this case I'll take a HUGE bite out of the turd sandwich before I EVER tolerate the douche.

Mitt sucks. Mitt sucks a lot. But Mitt sucks less. [rolleyes]

The Republican machine is just waiting for Obama to get the nod, I believe he has quite a closet of skeletons. He used to go by Barry before he made the national scene. He realizes by using Obama it will make him sound more formal. That said I hope the republicans will have a canidate with a set of brass b...s to take care of the illegal immigration issue.

Fred Thompson and Newt are both still in the running to declare. If Fred declares, I'll work my a$$ off for him here in CT.

I would start working for Fred right now.

out of the establishment candidates Mitt is the best. he may be a bit of a pragmatist for some but you're not going to find anyone who hasn't changed opinions on stuff over the years. and if you do, that person is probably more dangerous than thoise who have.

yeah Mitt has to do some bobbing and weaving, he's got to appeal to many different interest groups in the gop but not piss to many off. that's politics people. Mitt is by far the most honest and compent leader of the establishment candidates. He's also the only one with a good shot at beating Hillary or Obama. He's whip smart and will eviserate those too. Rudy and McCain? they'd get their assses handed to them.

I have to agree with you on this. Sadly, Mitt is the best shot we have to beat Hillary or Obama. Even if a real conservative with some brass balls popped up he could never win. It would end up dividing the vote and Hillary or Obama would get in. Personally, I doubt that Hillary could win, but I think Obama could.

I have a comment for the long term, instead of this upcoming presidential campaign. Both Republicans and Democrats are good at running campaigns and getting votes - if there is one thing you can say without a doubt, it's that both parties stand for getting elected. I recommend focusing on the Republican Party itself - make sure they hear loud and clear that 2A/RKBA is VITAL to their platform. Then, let them figure out how to get elected; that is what they excel at. Keep pressure on the party, and they'll find the candidates.

A "real conservitive" has no chance of getting elected in this day and age, why do you think the GOP has gone so far to the center, Mitt is by far the best choice of the front runners. We need a guy like him as president and then gun owners and other liberty loving people need to put real conservitives in congress. I am a libertarian but I know that libertarians have no chance at the president's office but putting some people in congress could be done if people would vote for what they want and not just conform to the two parties.

Mitt

Mitt didn`t do shit for us gunowners during his tenure in Mass.
But I`d vote for him if he was the Republican nominee.
I`d also like to see Fred and Newt in the race.

Last edited:
A "real conservitive" has no chance of getting elected in this day and age, why do you think the GOP has gone so far to the center, Mitt is by far the best choice of the front runners.

I think most people would elect a centrist that wasn't a douchebag.
The problem is both parties are producing candidates that are either douchebags
or communists, or both. (as in the case of PIAPS vs obama.. whereas obama
is "just" a communist, lol. )

So the election is going to come down to a shit sandwich or a communist/
communist douchebag. It's just a wonderful selection of choices we
have. [rolleyes] (IMO it would do us good if there was a checkbox that said
NO CONFIDENCE on the ballot, can't be more direct than that. )

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom