• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thermal RDS options

DJBrad

NES Member
So this Holosun DRS-TH is about to become available soon. Seems like a nice option for the price if one wants to larp at night or go night hunting for yotes and it won at Shotshow ‘23. Anyone run thermals here in the NE?

View: https://youtu.be/QquUay_80Fs?si=_OGTQxCOlyzU-R6Z

Had this on my research list I think. There is a night vision section here on NES iirc. Thanks for the post, checking it out.

What is the best tactical snack accessory to molleweb to my gear?

This is cool but they need to come in tandem

I wouldn't drop money on this until someone posts a video of what deer or some other animal looks like at 100 and 200 yards.

If you can't at least see an animal that size at 100 yards, what is the point of this?

I guess someone could use it for home defense.

When watching YouTube videos, keep in mind they are compressed, sometimes several times, so if video looks good on YouTube, real life is better.

I wouldn't drop money on this until someone posts a video of what deer or some other animal looks like at 100 and 200 yards.

If you can't at least see an animal that size at 100 yards, what is the point of this?

When watching YouTube videos, keep in mind they are compressed, sometimes several times, so of video looks good on YouTube, real life is better.
Four legs..some fur

Eyes

Ears

When watching YouTube videos, keep in mind they are compressed, sometimes several times, so if video looks good on YouTube, real life is better.
i think the $1600 price tag is pretty ambitious for that device, but they probably gonna sell some.
an $800 would be way more realistic and appealing, really. i would probably even get one, for tavor. at $1600 - nah, it`s out of my comfort zone for such toys.

That outline feature looks pretty slick. Makes the overall brightness much lower so that your eye in the optic doesn't lose so much of its low light vision.

Otherwise I agree regarding longer distance capability and with such a small lens objective I doubt it will keep up with other options. At half the price I might go for it to have for close quarters defense.

If you want to be a baller, Steiner CQT is the only way to go. It does some serious Aliens vs Predator shit. Just have to save up a bit for one...at its....10k price point. That aside, its f***ing awesome!

i think the $1600 price tag is pretty ambitious for that device, but they probably gonna sell some.
an $800 would be way more realistic and appealing, really. i would probably even get one, for tavor. at $1600 - nah, it`s out of my comfort zone for such toys.

It’s an LWIR optic… $1600 is cheap.

But that 256x192 sensor resolution is indeed garbage. Mediocre to low 320x240 thermal optics are usually over $2k.

Back
Top Bottom