this is my petition

I wrote this up last night and sent it to staples and had 5 copies made up. I was going leave one at my gun club (Fall River rod and gun) and drop a few off at some gun shops. If any one wants to copy it feel free to do so. Maybe you guys can do the same? I figure I would leave them for 2 weeks pick them up and maybe mail them to GOAL?

We oppose Governor Patrick's Bill to Drastically Increase License Fees!

We feel it is unconstitutional to try and tax legal gun owners out of our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms!

Even though gun control in Massachusetts has been on the rise for the past ten years, so has gun crime. Creating expensive fees to penalize your honest constituents who are legal gun owners won't get criminals with guns off the streets.

We the undersigned oppose the following changes proposed by Governor Deval Patrick:

CHSB ";“ License to Carry Fee -1

SECTION 24. Section 122 of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2006 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 28, the figure " $100"; and inserting in place thereof the following figure:- $250.

CHSB ";“ Annual Dealer License Fee

SECTION 25. Said section 122 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by inserting after the word " Fund.";, in line 33, the following sentence:- Each year in which a license holder need not apply for a license renewal, the license holder shall pay to the licensing authority a license inspection fee of $100.

CHSB ";“ License to Carry Fee ";“ 2

SECTION 26. Section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 240, the figure " $100"; and inserting in place thereof the following figure:- $200.

CHSB ";“ Non Residential Firearms License Fee

SECTION 27. Section 131F of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 53, the figure " $100"; and inserting in place thereof the following figure:- $250.

We feel these proposed changes are an attempt to tax people out of their civil rights

Back
Top Bottom