thoughts on maynard, concord, and/or wayland clubs?

Hello all,

I'm looking into a couple gun clubs these days. Ideally, I would like a place that is relatively near where I live (Wayland) and has an outdoor range and archery facilities.

As far as I can tell, Concord or Maynard's clubs may be the best fits. Concord doesn't have the outdoor range, so I would have to compromise on that aspect. Maynard's website is not up to date with respect to their archery capabilities. I am wondering if any forum members have comments on these clubs or any others that would potentially fit the bill.

The website for the Wayland R&GC says they have no plans to bring back archery. Are there any members here that could elaborate on that some?

The thing is that my wife's the one interested in archery, while I'm more interested in the gun stuff, so whether or not archery is a requirement in a club is still up in the air (I'm not sure how serious her interest is). Does anyone have any thoughts on the cost effectiveness and/or quality of experience (lack of a better word, sorry) of looking for one club that has everything, versus focusing on a club that is more tailored toward shooting and having her focus more on archery at a different location?

Thanks, in advance, for your comments.

Last edited:
You might do an Advanced Search here on the towns within the gun club forum. I think that you'll find an old thread or two with a lot of info on at least the Wayland and Maynard clubs.

Pretty sure that there are members of both clubs on NES.

Riverside is not that far away

They have everything, indoor/outdoor ranges, skeet, trap, archery and not difficult to get membership.

I don't know about Maynard, but Concord wanted to see my bank statements.
I'm kidding of course, but they made it very clear that they are very selective.

The website for the Wayland R&GC says they have no plans to bring back archery. Are there any members here that could elaborate on that some?
Excuse me? Where does it say that? As far as I'm aware, our web site doesn't mention archery.

We had a small outdoor archery range. It wasn't used. If you'd like to resurrect it, please join and submit a plan to the board. We've got plenty of room for one. It would be a matter of coming up with a plan and figuring out how to achieve it in a cost effective manner.

Riverside is a great club. It's about a 30 minute drive from Wayland. Wayland is a small, homey club. Our facilities are limited, but you can't beat the location.

Both Maynard & Riverside have bars in their club houses, if that is an issue for you.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Excuse me? Where does it say that? As far as I'm aware, our web site doesn't mention archery.
Oh, my mistake. It says the trap range is currently closed and will not reopen in the near future. Sorry for the confusion.

Wayland is a small, homey club. Our facilities are limited, but you can't beat the location.
Yeah, the Wayland location is like 2 blocks from my house...pretty hard to do better than that.

Yeah, the Wayland location is like 2 blocks from my house...pretty hard to do better than that.

Howdy, neighbor! I suggest that you setup a time with our caretaker to take a tour of the Wayland Rod & Gun Club. PM inbound.

Back
Top Bottom