Threading JC Higgins 43D aka Marlin 81 for Suppressor

lazypengu1n

NES Member
Was given this old JC Higgins Mode 43D aka Marlin Model 81. Great shooter and figured it would be even better suppressed. $0 invested so I took a chance.

Had to chop the mag tube knurled knob at the end in 1/2 to clear the suppressor since it was the same length as the barrel and I needed at least .40" for the threads since this was a 22LR. Used a 22LR TAT (they have two sizes for 22LR), 1/2x28 Annular cutter and 1/2x28 die. Afterwards, checked threads with alighment rod and two different cans to make sure no baffle strikes and did a quick cold blue job.

Test fired with standard velocity and it's stupid quiet. It can shoot 22S/L/LR

** If anyone knows the correct vintage scope for this rifle, I would like to maybe replace this one. This one works ok but the lenses aren't glass and look cloudy now and the 1-4x adjustment doesn't adjust very well. I don't want to put anything modern on it unless it was just a new production of what was used then. I wasn't sure which Weaver scope would do the job. Suggestions welcome or if you have something, please pm me. **

JC_A.jpg JC_B.jpg JC_C.jpg JC_D.jpg JC_E.jpg JC_F.jpg JC_G.jpg JC_H.jpg JC_J.jpg

Back
Top Bottom