Today Was A Great Day

2/1Marine

NES Member
Between working full time, graduate school, and a pregnant wife, I have not had any time to go shooting lately so I figured I would do the next best thing….buy what I want to accessorize my AR and get some ammo from the CMP for my still unfired Garand that came back in February. Low and behold, I come home from work today and decide to check my email before hitting the books and it's full of tracking numbers from Fed Ex and USPS. It's going to be Christmas in April the next couple of days. Here is what I have on the way in no particular order.
1. Magpul rear BUIS model MAG246BLK.
2. Greek Surplus 30.06 (ordered 2 months ago)
3. UTG 2-Piece Handguard 4-Rail AR-15 Carbine Matte. (I know its cheap but all my money went to the next item).
4. EOTech XPS2-0 with the GG&G Accucam Quick Detach Mounting System And Lens Covers.
Does anyone have any experience with the UTG handguards? They had good reviews on both Midway and CTD. In addition, any tips on zeroing the EOTech? 50 or 100 yards? This is my first red dot, I have only been an iron sight guy with the AR.

Did you order the greek ammo from the CMP? I am very interested to hear your impressions as I am about to place an order for a few units.

We just had our second child, and time has become more precious than money. I was going to put my foot down and say "I am going to the range, and I am going to shoot, alot, and you can't stop me". But we had a pedi appt this morning and my oldest needs new shoes, and the car just pinged an oil light... you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom