Took TWO New Shooters to the Range Today!

P-14

NES Member
Two friends from rock climbing were interested in learning about firearms so I took them both to the range today. We started with safety (the 4 rules+) and understanding firearms and their differences and components (semi, revolver, assault weapon myth, muzzle, action, single/double action, etc.). Then from the 25 yard range with a roof, we started with the Browning .22 rifle with iron sights and a 10-round tubular mag, moved to the Ruger 10/22 with a 4x scope, and up to the AR-15 carbine with a Vortex Strikefire red dot.

At first the female was really skittish. First shot with the Browning was in the black at 6 o'clock and she started to enjoy the shooting. She actually out shot the guy with iron sights. She didn't like the loud noise from the AR, but took her turn, did well with the first shot in the black, and asked to shoot it more!

By this time the rain stopped, so we switched to pistols at 7 yards. We started with the Ruger Mark II .22, moved to the Para .45, and then to the .44 MAG! I asked her if she want to try the .44 and she was all for it! First shot was in the black at 3 o'clock!

Must have had a good teacher. [wink]

On the way home, we discussed stupid MA gun laws. They took home their targets, but I explained that I couldn't give them any souvenir brass or they'd become instant felons. All in all an excellent morning for the 3 of us. 2 more converts to add to the list. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom