What not to do with your new gun.

Should've asked for a stihl sprocket and then called @weekendracer unknowledgable after he didnt know
Dude, you have NO f'ing idea.

Someone had a car with a complicated wiper setup for the windshield, I forget which car it was. I fiddle with it, I mean, I got 2 hours of videos not related to actual automotive stuff as training mind you, and can't figure it out. The grown ass adult male said to me, I guess I'll find someone more competent to do it. I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. Dude, it's YOUR car and you don't even know how to do it and you want to talk down to me, the guy who's seen your car exactly 30 seconds? I just smiled and said, "Bless your heart, have a nice day".

Dude, you have NO f'ing idea.

Someone had a car with a complicated wiper setup for the windshield, I forget which car it was. I fiddle with it, I mean, I got 2 hours of videos not related to actual automotive stuff as training mind you, and can't figure it out. The grown ass adult male said to me, I guess I'll find someone more competent to do it. I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. Dude, it's YOUR car and you don't even know how to do it and you want to talk down to me, the guy who's seen your car exactly 30 seconds? I just smiled and said, "Bless your heart, have a nice day".
Someone at my last company made a custom test component out of a 57 chevy wiper motor.

Someone looked at me with a straight face and asked what I was going to do if it failed in the middle of the night.

I laughed at them and said tell them i f***ing told you to replace that 18 times and go back to bed.

I'm 35 that motor is older than my parents... get a new piece of hardware designed to run that test

Someone at my last company made a custom test component out of a 57 chevy wiper motor.

Someone looked at me with a straight face and asked what I was going to do if it failed in the middle of the night.

I laughed at them and said tell them i f***ing told you to replace that 18 times and go back to bed.

I'm 35 that motor is older than my parents... get a new piece of hardware designed to run that test
I had a lady come in with a '89 (I think, some nerd here is going to say they didn't make them that year) sport side Chevy last night. Just a battery, nbd. While I'm wrenching in the new battery, I told her, 'This truck is in crazy good condition, hold on to it as long as you can, I never get part requests for these older trucks.' I point to my '21 Silverado and say, "I get people in here all the time with '19's needing new crap, I'm concerned as to how long that POS is going to run well.'

Old stuff just works. It ain't fancy, it maybe isn't pretty anymore, but it just works.

A nice quiet retirement and you work retail?

Glad this didn't turn into a shit show
You know, I keep thinking I just need to move into a cabin in the mountains. But the way my life goes, I'd get the 'bear treatment' from some damn bear, I'd be ok with it killing me I guess, just not walking back to my cabin with my pants all torn up. I really just want a nice quiet life.

I like cars, I'm a motorhead but not a professional wrench, normally it's a pretty good fit.

You know, I keep thinking I just need to move into a cabin in the mountains. But the way my life goes, I'd get the 'bear treatment' from some damn bear, I'd be ok with it killing me I guess, just not walking back to my cabin with my pants all torn up. I really just want a nice quiet life.

I like cars, I'm a motorhead but not a professional wrench, normally it's a pretty good fit.

Well I'm sure this incident isn't going to be the norm going forward but you never know what your going to get dealing with people, the bright side is your probably not going to get shredded by a bear at least lol

I had a lady come in with a '89 (I think, some nerd here is going to say they didn't make them that year) sport side Chevy last night. Just a battery, nbd. While I'm wrenching in the new battery, I told her, 'This truck is in crazy good condition, hold on to it as long as you can, I never get part requests for these older trucks.' I point to my '21 Silverado and say, "I get people in here all the time with '19's needing new crap, I'm concerned as to how long that POS is going to run well.'

Old stuff just works. It ain't fancy, it maybe isn't pretty anymore, but it just works.

And that is why you're still married, right?

When growing up my mom's kitchen appliances just worked. They were ugly brown and came from Sears. She's had them all my life until she decided one year to upgrade when I was around 25 or so. Before she replaced them though my ex and I went to Disneyworld and sure as shiola her entire kitchen appliances set was in the Epcot dome in the yesteryear section. Couldn't believe it. The only problem we ever had was with the freezer section of the fridge. It would grow ice and you'd have to chip it out once a year. Try getting 25-30 years of use out of your appliances nowadays. Never going to happen.

When growing up my mom's kitchen appliances just worked. They were ugly brown and came from Sears. She's had them all my life until she decided one year to upgrade when I was around 25 or so. Before she replaced them though my ex and I went to Disneyworld and sure as shiola her entire kitchen appliances set was in the Epcot dome in the yesteryear section. Couldn't believe it. The only problem we ever had was with the freezer section of the fridge. It would grow ice and you'd have to chip it out once a year. Try getting 25-30 years of use out of your appliances nowadays. Never going to happen.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6QECPtO8SF/

Back
Top Bottom