Top Shot back tonight

Some observations:

- Some interesting stages this time around
- Holy crap! Brian Zins!!!
- I don't like the paintball scenario - shooting at each other
- Maggie has a nice rack
- Can't believe Brian Zins actually missed two shots!
- Product placement big time for Bass Pro
- More drama, less shooting - just like last time
- Hopefully, Mr. Golf Pro leaves in disgrace
- Wish the damn show was on earlier - probably need to make sure no children are exposed
- I guess I'll watch again next week

Where does an 'Air Force sniper' even go to work?
He shows up for work call at 0900, rides a bus to the AO, takes lunch from 1030-1300 (has to have enough time to get a haircut and pick up his freshly starched utilities, yanno), sets up his hide and engages targets from 1300-1400, then rides the bus back and skedaddles off the base before 1600 so he doesn't have to stop and salute for Retreat Ceremony.

He shows up for work call at 0900, rides a bus to the AO, takes lunch from 1030-1300 (has to have enough time to get a haircut and pick up his freshly starched utilities, yanno), sets up his hide and engages targets from 1300-1400, then rides the bus back and skedaddles off the base before 1600 so he doesn't have to stop and salute for Retreat Ceremony.

If this was how the military worked, I'd sign up tomorrow.

I enjoyed this episode, even if it still isn't a perfect show by any means. I'll watch it if it's on Hulu again.

Watched about the first 45 min, but the blue team leader guy was seriously annoying. Will not watch again, I want to see shooting not drama.

So far, good show. Watch it on history channel over web. Here is the link

Can't wait to see the Barrett 50 BMG in action.

Last edited:
Its in my blood to dislike Airforce. haha

I've never understood this type of attitude. They are on the same team and not the entire USAF is as cushy as you imagine. I'd put Combat Controllers, and TACP soldiers against any Marine any day of the week and it would be a pretty even playing field. The USAF does generally get of easier than the Marines, but IMO, that's no excuse to dislike them.

yes i had a very lousy day at work and as i walked in the door the misses says "guess what?" "Top Shot starts tonight" she knows just what to say turned my day right around. I'm looking forword to the episode with the barret 50

....and not the entire USAF is as cushy as you imagine. I'd put Combat Controllers, and TACP soldiers against any Marine any day of the week and it would be a pretty even playing field. The USAF does generally get of easier than the Marines, but IMO, that's no excuse to dislike them.
CACs and Warthog jockeys were welcome in my Armored Cavalry Regiment, no questions asked! They even got bonus points, because the AF didn't want them, and seemed to consider them "beneath" the zoomies and boomies. Screw the Key West Agreement, give us some GAU-8s in close!

Back to the topic... Season 2 starts off with the Sharps rifle, followed by GI 1911s, then a blued Model 29. I'm liking it! There's less drama (so far) than Season 1, but they have to include a little just for TV.

I loved the slow-mo of those big fat .45 bullets lobbing into the target from the Sharps.

It looks like Season 2 managed to find the same part of California that is wet, windy, and cold.

The golf instructor may be annoying, and yes he is, but he is hitting the targets better than the seasoned shooters so far.

i honestly think his first shot was pure luck..........15 other seasoned shooters were no where close to the center....and a golf instructor drills it.........unless he is a shooting savant...im guessing he got lucky on that one....

.....his pistol shot,however, i have no comment on...

but who knows....he might just be really good, little early to make any conclusions...

however, the thing that drove me nuts was when he was getting on everyones case for missing the pool ball shots.......like. he was some sort of gun master......i mean, them missing those shots was perfectly understandable.........i have no problem with them voting for people based on performance......just dont act superior because of it

The golf instructor is a douche. I died laughing when Maggie complimented one of the guys for hitting dead center on the elimination target. [rofl]

i honestly think his first shot was pure luck..........15 other seasoned shooters were no where close to the center....and a golf instructor drills it.........unless he is a shooting savant...im guessing he got lucky on that one....

.....his pistol shot,however, i have no comment on...

but who knows....he might just be really good, little early to make any conclusions...

Hitting that target with that rifle was pure luck.

No hard feelings i am just playing around. Its all in good fun. I love all our service members and the sacrifices they make everyday so we can enjoy our freedoms.

I like the show.

You guys are way to critical. Relax a little bit, geez louise. [rolleyes][hmmm]

It's good that shows like this are on TV in this day and age.

Yup,she can hold my gun whenever she wants

maggie-reese-top-shot.jpg

On a side note that golf instructor needs to go.

Hey, I'm just glad to see the USAF represented so well, especially George, watch the first episode again and you'll notice a partial word on the sleeve of his t-shirt, "Defensor", it's part of the Security Forces moto "Defensor Fortis", defenders of the force.

Nice to see one of my own up there [smile]

Hey, I'm just glad to see the USAF represented so well, especially George, watch the first episode again and you'll notice a partial word on the sleeve of his t-shirt, "Defensor", it's part of the Security Forces moto "Defensor Fortis", defenders of the force.

Nice to see one of my own up there [smile]

You mean the dude who hit one out of three?

You mean the dude who hit one out of three?

Yup, that's him, but hey, he was in the area. Sort of like an OK golf shot. But, it is good to see this show on, just too bad the anti's don't take the time to watch and actually appreciate the sport of shooting. Now, we just need to build one of these courses around this area.
PS- AFSP were really not that good of a shot, I spent 8 years as one, we just dressed to impress. That's when I went over to NAVCOMM and had some real fun.

Back
Top Bottom