• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top Shot Season 4 - Megathread

That first elimination had nothing to do with shooter skill. From what I saw it was essentially chance.

B
That's kind of what I thought, unless they were told things off camera that we didn't hear. How was the rifle sighted in? Point of aim at 200? Nobody asked each other "where did you aim?".

I've always said that you don't need to be a good shot with a rifle for this show; in all 3 seasons plus this week, every rifle shot has been easy or a matter of chance. You do need to be good with a handgun, though.

AND, is there a documented case of an American WWII soldier actually firing a rifle from a moving motorcycle side-car?

Last edited:
AND, is there a documented case of an American WWII soldier actually firing a rifle from a moving motorcycle side-car?

Given the dreck on the history channel these days, the fact that used an actual historic rifle is already exceeding expectations.

That's kind of what I thought, unless they were told things off camera that we didn't hear. How was the rifle sighted in? Point of aim at 200? Nobody asked each other "where did you aim?".

I've always said that you don't need to be a good shot with a rifle for this show; in all 3 seasons plus this week, every rifle shot has been easy or a matter of chance. You do need to be good with a handgun, though.

I've heard that they edit that down quite a bit. That each contestant got to zero the rifle at the distance, then shoot some practice groups, then fire for record. So anyone that ganked a shot on the show, did just that, choked it.

Otherwise you are absolutely correct, it would be a total crap shoot.

Did anyone watch "The Guns of Top Shot" on H2 last night?

I had to laugh when Colby was shooting the M1 Carbine and had the barrel resting on the sandbags, couldn't figure out why everything was way high.

A quick google search proved to be well worth the time

385795_309102592464868_309033065805154_836233_1239072008_n.jpg

yea...[cheers]

Did anyone watch "The Guns of Top Shot" on H2 last night?I had to laugh when Colby was shooting the M1 Carbine and had the barrel resting on the sandbags, couldn't figure out why everything was way high.
Missed it to play basketball, but it should be on the DVR. Could you school me on why resting the barrel on the sandbags would result in a high shot? (hoping to zero in my M1C tomorrow for the first time...)

ETA
: I have done the same thing with both my Broomhandle and my M1 Carbine... good way to wreck a target holder!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie; looking forward to this tonight;

Teams grapple with an explosive obstacle course and endure trench warfare conditions while firing the legendary Browning Automatic Rifle. And in a Top Shot first, two competitors duke it out in a fierce battle with a multi-shot grenade launcher.

Wow, marker rounds. Yippee. I guess they're not "top" enough for HE. [rolleyes]

Wow, marker rounds. Yippee. I guess they're not "top" enough for HE. [rolleyes]

HE would add like 4 times the regulatory burden. There's a reason that even with big time NFA collectors they don't have a lot of Exp-DDs. Too much of a pain in the ass.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom