• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trap shooting today like a madman

Facility was great, setup like a golf course. You go from station to station where throwers are setup differently at each. Only downside was 35¢ a clay 🥴

View attachment 801677
Rocky creek down in Richburg, SC? Shot there a few times, its not that far from my daughter. Fantastic place.

35 dollars per 100. That's not that expensive for what they have setup there. They have about 300 acres at least, 3 nice sporting clays courses and five stand.

Trapezoids have a seizure at paying more than 3 dollars a round of 25......yet shoot 20 thousand dollar guns???

Go set up a sporting clays course and see how much it costs........until then probably just stand on the cement pad and see the same target presentation forever for your 12 dollars per 100 with a Krieghoff.

Last edited:
Geez, clay shooters have snobs? Who'd thunk it?
Every sport has snobs, but Ive met very few on the sporting clays or trap/skeet. Mostly normal guys at my club. No Trapezoids thank god.

Trapezoids are the opposite.....snobby expensive guns, look down on your Browning Citori or Pump gun or Turkish Semi Auto.......cheapest a**h***s out there......usually Old Fudd Boomers.

Every once in a while we have a local club loaded with them, i love to go there with my 325 Dollar black Impala plus semi auto, they snub their nose at me while I shuck shells at them, and get pissed off when i shoot 25.

Last edited:
Every sport has snobs, but Ive met very few on the sporting clays or trap/skeet. Mostly normal guys at my club. No Trapezoids thank god.

Trapezoids are the opposite.....snobby expensive guns, look down on your Browning Citori or Pump gun or Turkish Semi Auto.......cheapest a**h***s out there......usually Old Fudd Boomers.

Every once in a while we have a local club loaded with them, i love to go there with my 325 Dollar black Impala plus semi auto, they snub their nose at me while I shuck shells at them, and get pissed off when i shoot 25.
I love beating (figuratively, not literally) them with my Mossy 500 turkey gun.

Rocky creek down in Richburg, SC? Shot there a few times, its not that far from my daughter. Fantastic place.

35 dollars per 100. That's not that expensive for what they have setup there. They have about 300 acres at least, 3 nice sporting clays courses and five stand.

Trapezoids have a seizure at paying more than 3 dollars a round of 25......yet shoot 20 thousand dollar guns???

Go set up a sporting clays course and see how much it costs........until then probably just stand on the cement pad and see the same target presentation forever for your 12 dollars per 100 with a Krieghoff.
Typo it was 55¢ a clay for 'nonmembers'

Ive only shot trap a couple times, but how long did it take to shoot 100 clays?

How much is 100rds of ammo ?

It's still not clear if you're saying this is too expensive, or a steal.

For $55+ammo, you got a half-day of activity in the open air, presumably with folks you like. How does that compare to a 2-tank dive in the Harbor?

250 shells of birdshot 12ga was $100

Less than 90 minutes, but we took our sweet time enjoying the weather, taking potshots at passing wildlife, and polishing off two bottles of Crown Royal.
In season, with tags, or just being a**h***s? Wait, the next sentence answered it...

It's still not clear if you're saying this is too expensive, or a steal.

For $55+ammo, you got a half-day of activity in the open air, presumably with folks you like. How does that compare to a 2-tank dive in the Harbor?
Touché, we had a great time. We threw 141 clays so after taxes it was like $70-$80. I just call it expensive because I know I’m going to want to go every weekend now.

In season, with tags, or just being a**h***s? Wait, the next sentence answered it...
Cut me some slack, this was after a long day of throwing car batteries into the ocean and dumping oil at the state park!

/s

Was going to say I think I paid like 50 cents last time I was there a year ago. I rented two Beretta O/U's for me and my son who I paid for, and with barbeque lunch I think I still got outta there for around 200 bucks.

We also shot the black friday tournament one time when we were down at TDay and that was a bit cheaper as a one price deal I think. I might do that again, as I'm slated to go down for Tday this year.

It'll be that or cranking around on bikes or 4 wheelers at Carolina Adventure World or both, and I'm sure plenty of Golf with my son and son in law, I suck so, I might just drive the cart (and pay probably), We will go somewhere and kill some quail and chuckars probably too, or maybe a hog hunt.......

Last edited:
Facility was great, setup like a golf course. You go from station to station where throwers are setup differently at each. Only downside was 55¢ a clay 🥴

View attachment 801677

Let me know when you stop being poor. We pay $1/clay, have naked chicks throwing the clays.

We also take Bug A Salt guns and turn them into Bug A Cocaine guns.

Back
Top Bottom