Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States

I got one a cuppla years ago. It's pretty good although I doubt it or any single book on the laws has everything exactly right.

It's always a good idea to check out the individual states laws your self and not rely on any book as the gospel.

This book also has a similar 'disclaimer' listed in it.

I hear the book is good and it has some good information, but the gun laws changes very quick, so fast that it could be within hours. So, personally I always call the State Police of the State that I will be visiting or passing thru, to be sure that everything is as the book says. To my not surprise the book is wrong 50% of the time. I don’t own the book, a friend does and I found out in my last trip from FL to MA that the book was wrong many times.

Want to be safe? Call up the State Police right prior to your trip, let them know your plans and have them send you some info as proof of your call and interest about the gun laws of their State. It will safe you big, big, big headaches.

In the book defense, I will say that my friend doesn't have the 2009 edition, so probably it is a much better book and obviously more accurate, but once again, I rather to call up, just in case.

Ish.

Back
Top Bottom