• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Try this - Reduced target size

My game is bullseye so most or all of my advise to shooters are from the perspective of standing with one arm shooting so...

A while back I was having a lot of trouble holding my rapid fire shots in the black at 25 yards with the .45. So I tried using a reduced size target to foce me to focus on the smaller area.

I took a 50 foot timed/rapid-fire target and shot that at 25 yards in rapid fire (5 shots in 10 seconds). Of course, several shots were not in the black. I did that twice and switched to the normal 25 yard timed fire target and that made the target look huge. I shot successive 99's in rapid fire with the .45 all shots in the black.

So if you are having trouble holding the black in timed or rapid you might want to try shooting a reduced size target first, then switch to a normal sized target to see if that helps your confidence.

That works well. You may also want to try a backwards target center. Pratice some timed and rapid fires on an all white square, cutting the square in half will also help tighten up your groups especially in the rapid fire. You will be surprised at how well you can group without look at a bull.

Back
Top Bottom