Trying to decide between Ipswich Fish and Game & Hamilton-Wenham Rod and Gun club…

System6ix

NES Member
Hello,

I'm fortunate enough to live close to both of these fine clubs (9 miles to HWR&G and 16 miles to IF&G) so now I have the difficult choice of trying to decide between the two. I know the best option would be to join both, but with my lifestyle (three kids, full-time job, freelance graphic design business on the side, racing mountain bikes on the weekends) it's just not realistic that I would be able to spend more than a couple hours a week at either.

As I am new to the North Shore, I honestly don't know a lot about the clubs, but I do know I want to be an active member at a club. My primary uses would be for pistol and rifle range. I don't foresee me getting into trap shooting, or archery and I've never fished, and doubt I'll be picking that up anytime soon. However my eight year-old daughter has expressed interest in archery frequently and it seems the Ipswich club supports junior archery as well as has a junior instructor as a member so that's a real bonus. With the Hamilton club being a tad bit closer to my home it would allow me to hit the range on my lunch break which would be ideal.

Anyway, I'm still completely undecided and would love to hear from any current or past members of either club that would be willing to share their wisdom with a n00b.

Thanks in advance,
Z

Thanks, I'm doing just that. However I was hoping to get some information from past or current members in regards to how the clubs are run, something a superficial tour won't really help with.

Cheers.

I've never been to the Ipswich or Hamilton clubs but you may also want to consider Andover Sportsmans club, there are several NES members there (including myself) who could show you around some weekend.

Thank you very much for the suggestion and the offer, I appreciate it. I'll take a look at their website and tonight.

I have been a member of the HWRGC for 20 years and have enjoyed it very much . I have also shot sporting clays @ Ipswich . They both have a lot to offer . They both do shoots on different days . The ranges are usually pretty quiet on weekends at Hamilton and I taught all 3 of my children(now 20+ year olds ) how to handle a firearm and shoot . My son is joining this month I think . As was recomended prior , you should visit both clubs and see what they have to offer .

I have been a member of the HWRGC for 20 years and have enjoyed it very much . I have also shot sporting clays @ Ipswich . They both have a lot to offer . They both do shoots on different days . The ranges are usually pretty quiet on weekends at Hamilton and I taught all 3 of my children(now 20+ year olds ) how to handle a firearm and shoot . My son is joining this month I think . As was recomended prior , you should visit both clubs and see what they have to offer .
Thanks TOM C, I appreciate the reply. It's looking like I'll actually be joining both. I plan to join HWRGC this month as well, and then Ipswich in the spring so my daughter can do the archery program. My daughter is hell bent on doing archery this spring, and I'm all too happy to facilitate that for her. Cheers.

Hey System6ix,

There is a meeting tonight at 7:00 PM IFG, I'm going with application to join tonight. This Club is walking distance from me, and looking forward to outdoor shooting, both handgun and new AR purchase. Let me know if you are going, i will be there. PM me on your details .

Back
Top Bottom