• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turncoat Gun Shop Owner

Last edited:
“I personally think it’s a little suspicious why somebody would have so many of them. It seems like it’s going a little bit beyond just a hobby.”

Lol like WTF. Hopefully anyone who ever bought more than one gun from this guy will tell him to go shit in a hat. Apparently hes not keen on gun ownership as anything other than a "hobby".

“There’s no serial number,” he explained. “There’s no manufacturer, There’s no way to find out where they came from.”

Does it actually matter? Particularly given the fact that law enforcement rarely ends up punishing straws. And it takes an inordinate amount of time to actually conduct a trace and persue
investigative leads that might lead you to an actual "illegal gun trafficker" etc.

“I personally think it’s a little suspicious why somebody would have so many of them. It seems like it’s going a little bit beyond just a hobby.”

Lol like WTF. Hopefully anyone who ever bought more than one gun from this guy will tell him to go shit in a hat. Apparently hes not keen on gun ownership as anything other than a "hobby".
FWIW, I interpreted the comment in the context of whether this guy's activity required a type 07 Manufacturers FFL or not.

“There’s no serial number,” he explained. “There’s no manufacturer, There’s no way to find out where they came from.”

Does it actually matter? Particularly given the fact that law enforcement rarely ends up punishing straws. And it takes an inordinate amount of time to actually conduct a trace and persue
investigative leads that might lead you to an actual "illegal gun trafficker" etc.
To whom is this quote attributed?

A dealer in Ohio. Why we are supposed to get worked up about a dealer in OH is beyond me, but whatever...
So, nothing in this article or video has anything to do with NES member @EddieCoyle
I hate to flame...but this is warranted. Eddie Coyle began by talking about how gun buybacks feed negative press to the press...and now this gunshop owner agreed to be interviewed concerning "ghost guns".
A topic sentence in a story that confuses the late at night tired minded self. [thinking]

So, nothing in this article or video has anything to do with NES member @EddieCoyle

A topic sentence in a story that confuses the late at night tired minded self. [thinking]
It was a late night jumbled sentence. What I meant to say is that when EC posted a sticky about how participating in gun buybacks is just feeding into the anti gun media's propaganda machine, his reference very much applies here.

From the quoted article:
In the fall of 2022, a band of criminals drove a stolen Kia through Ostrander’s store and stole more than 30 firearms.

Since they were legal guns, police were able to track them.

What a total load of horseshit.

There's federal paperwork that leads from manufacturer to distributor to retail to individual. In this case, the papework stops when it hits the retailer, because the transfer from retailer to individual(s) was by theft and no paperwork was involved. Once the individual(s) had them in their posession, there's no further paperwork - and it's likely that at least some of the firearms were subsequently transferred, (sold).

But "Since they were legal guns, police were able to track them". [rofl][rofl][rofl]

How about "if any of the guns are recovered by police, they'll be traceable back to the retailer"? That would be true. Oh - and since they were stolen, that means they're not "legal guns".

Media - gotta push the agenda - "gunz are bad", "ghost guns are badder".

Even the Hampton County DA Gulluni admitted in his testimony for HB4420 that tracing a firearms serial number is rarely useful.

If you're gonna be a fuddy Ted, why bother selling guns? Why not run a business and sell maple syrup instead?
Might he have only been naive enough to answer some leading questions (which have conveniently been omitted)?

I’m a little curious about the dangerous ordnance charge. That’s state, not federal? And does it imply that these couldn’t have been sold at retail on account of some features?

What he is really saying is, "I didn't sell it". The sign of an opportunist rather than a second amendment advocate.
I would go with the perspective of if he is building, he will also be buying some of my items. He wouldn't earn my business by taking a crap on the firearm community.

Just because a firearm has a serial number doesn't mean that it will be tracked. It has to interact with someone at some point or be involved in a crime.
When I lived in northern Ohio, there was an off duty police officer that was going to a community college class at night and had his service weapon stolen.
It took 20 years to resurface when it was involved in a homicide.

If he was making them as a hobby, more power to anyone that wants to make their own weapons. If it comes out that he was selling them for profit, that is a different story.

Last edited:
Arrested for nothing
I wonder what his job is now though, minor league players make like $400 a week and only during the season
So he had no money from baseball

Canada spent $1 billion on a gun registry which was never shown to improve public safety.

Not to be the prickles on the cactus but I can see traditional gun shops railing on DIY firearms because they aren't turning any profit especially in a non-blue state that has a real 2A. Nothing would scare a business more than someone buying stuff on the internet and doing things for themselves. Not saying I agree because I 100% don't but I can see it.

Back
Top Bottom