UPDATE Discount Flyer post #17Holbrrok Sportsman's Club Gun Show Nov 16,17

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
Holbrook Sportsman's clubs annual gun show will be November 16, and 17 2013. There is a change in location. This years show will be held at the Knights of Columbus in Randolph Ma. Lots of parking. Entrance fee is $10.
Directions can be found on the clubs web site.

DOORS OPEN AT 8 A.M.

Last edited:
Did holbrook run into capacity issues with FD regulations? Or maybe hobrook is redoing the club house!

Re: Holbrrok Sportsman's Club Gun Show Nov 16,17

Bigger place with more room from what I heard. Hopefully it means more vendors.

Maybe they just needed more room. Hope so. Always a great show with lots of deals and really cool stuff.

Er...I mean...it's terrible! Everyone should stay away! (More for me.) [banana]

The pavilion is under construction with some upgrades which also includes connecting to the water and sewer lines which would hinder parking.
The Knights of Columbus hall actually has more square footage of space and more parking.
As to the people running it "being fat asses" its obvious you dont see them EVERY Saturday working their fat asses off keeping the place in great condition.

So rumors dont start which it seems they already have, no issues with the town or the PD or Fire dept.

Re: Holbrrok Sportsman's Club Gun Show Nov 16,17

I'm a member of Holbrook club. I attended gun show at the club couple times. I have to admit that the club show space is too small. Hopefully this year will actually be 2x bigger.

Sent via ★♡★ Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆

Breakfast served at 8 as well.
For you guys who want the top end 12 gauge two cylinder shot gun NOT made by KelTec there is one for sale and it puts the Kel Tec to Shame. price tag is $1200.If I didn't buy that darn Luger I would have bought it today. The fit and finish is outstanding. And unlike the Kel Tec ther are no feeding issues with this manufacturer.
I also saw a Armalite Tactical bolt action rifle with a bullet drop scope chambered in 300 WiN Mag!!!!!!

Stoney Acres will have the same stuff he had in Wilmington with the exception of two savage 110 action 20 gauge slug rifles. Three round mag and are tack drivers. Also saw two beautiful commemorative colts one nickle plated but the price 3K required me to take a nitro tablet. it is very pretty.

We are trying really hard to make this show easy for folks to get around, great lighting and wide aisles. I saw a 50 caliber Sharps in the original black powder. There were some new faces meaning dealers which was nice. Come on down, look around who knows you may find something that peaks your interest. Typical MA ammo prices but as I have said a zillion times go to New Hampshire to buy your ammo. Its cheaper and no sales tax. if you do attend be sure and stop by and say hi. I am running the show so I wont be trapped behind the Stoney Acres tables.

Short review.

Same size show, better layout.
Gun prices absurdly high. The one decent deal was a Bersa 380 with three mags for just under $400,00. I'm not interested in another caliber so I passed.
S&W 908s for almost $600.00? Ridiculous.
Ammo prices at retail.
I did get two boxes of Greek HXP. 303 British at $32.00 for 48 rounds. Decent price for getting hard to find round.

Did I miss something? Was there another building or room I was unaware of? The show seemed MUCH smaller than the original. Not many deals. The best thing I saw was a 1000 rd. case of Prvi/Partizan .308 for $630. There were some pretty cool AR15 look-a-like pellet rifles. We talked to a guy who bought 2 for his kids.

I think the fact that it was less spread out might have made it look smaller, but that's just me.

I saw some 3rd generation S&W semi autos as prices that were way out of line. Maybe the sellers figured because some of them were pre ban with standard capacity magazines, people would pay a premium. FS has a 6906 and a 5906 listed at much better prices. I saw one well used Model 28 for almost $600.00, also high.

New guns were even higher.

The show doesn't control what prices the vendors sell, but it leaves a bad tasted in my mouth when I see brand new price tags on old items. That tells me that some vendors see gun show buyers as suckers.

I think I'll avoid all shows up here for a while. I'd like to go to one or two in the south when I have the chance, just to see what they're like.

Did I miss something? Was there another building or room I was unaware of? The show seemed MUCH smaller than the original. Not many deals. The best thing I saw was a 1000 rd. case of Prvi/Partizan .308 for $630. There were some pretty cool AR15 look-a-like pellet rifles. We talked to a guy who bought 2 for his kids.

I thought the show seemed smaller too. Plus I don't remember it being $10 for the entry fee. I'd rather see the show back at the Holbrook club. Better parking, seems bigger, and a better layout.

Best deal I saw was a worn Colt Woodsman with original box for $325.

it was my first show... interesting but- I had a pocket full of money and didn't buy a thing. I didn't see anything that made me want to part with cash (other than some really inexpensive scopes- but no idea of their quality) . I'm admittedly green. 9mm reloads were more $ than I pay for new rounds? It was something to do but it didn't excite me to drive a long way away for essentially retail prices.

I worked for the club at the show, there were as many vendors as at the club house but the layout made it seem smaller. I will agree it seemed like the vendors prices were out of sight. I have had the same conversation with the guy I work for part time who was there today. I keep telling him bring the prices down and you will move inventory. If folks can go to a near by gun shop and pay less than what your charging ...well you all know what I am talking about.

One vendor had a used Sharps, Italian made, for $2200.00. The exact same rifle I purchased from Hunters Trading Post for $800. I did see some S+W bodyguards for $380 and at the table next to it they were priced at $435.00.

The ammo was just way over priced.

I did get to talk with SKS Ray and LenS which was nice and for once I wasn't behind the sales table and actually enjoyed working the show.

The show next year will be at the club house and hopefully by then some of the prices will come down. We can hope anyway.

Yea, why would they price it so high? I don't get it. I thought the idea of these shows were to get good deals. Wolf 7.62x39 for $9 and $10 a box of 20? Crazy. I think even Four Seasons sell it for $7-$8.

I worked for the club at the show, there were as many vendors as at the club house but the layout made it seem smaller. I will agree it seemed like the vendors prices were out of sight. I have had the same conversation with the guy I work for part time who was there today. I keep telling him bring the prices down and you will move inventory. If folks can go to a near by gun shop and pay less than what your charging ...well you all know what I am talking about.

One vendor had a used Sharps, Italian made, for $2200.00. The exact same rifle I purchased from Hunters Trading Post for $800. I did see some S+W bodyguards for $380 and at the table next to it they were priced at $435.00.

The ammo was just way over priced.

I did get to talk with SKS Ray and LenS which was nice and for once I wasn't behind the sales table and actually enjoyed working the show.

The show next year will be at the club house and hopefully by then some of the prices will come down. We can hope anyway.

It was great talking with you today. Every other show I've seen you at you've been up to your eyeballs working. I'm sure you were here too, but much of it was before the show opened and after you close.

Yea, why would they price it so high? I don't get it. I thought the idea of these shows were to get good deals. Wolf 7.62x39 for $9 and $10 a box of 20? Crazy. I think even Four Seasons sell it for $7-$8.

As for prices (to answer both) . . . there seems to be a "unwritten policy" to up-price goods for gun shows.

Back some years ago I bought some stuff from a W. MA dealer at the Big E gun show and Mrs WildWeasel later informed me that she knew that shop well and the same exact items were a few bucks cheaper (we're talking $10 items here) at the shop.

So my theory (at least for the major gun shows) is that they are up-pricing to make up for the additional expenses of being at the show, to wit:

- Shows out of the area relative to the dealer's location means paying for hotel rooms for owner and helpers,
- Big E charges vendors $5/car/day parking too,
- Carol charges $50 for access to electricity and another $50 for access to the Internet (NICS, FA-10, ccs),
- Table costs (IIRC Carol charges ~$85/table),
- Eating out costs,
- Etc.

I'm not justifying it, just trying to explain what MIGHT be the rationale used by the vendors.

Obviously smaller shows like Holbrook don't get vendors who have to travel 100-200 miles from home base, so hotels shouldn't be part of their equation. But chances are they standardize their pricing based on the big shows and don't deviate for the smaller ones where expenses aren't as high.

Always keep in mind that the promoters (whether the "big dogs" or local gun club) have no say on what the vendor prices goods at!

As for prices (to answer both) . . . there seems to be a "unwritten policy" to up-price goods for gun shows.

So my theory (at least for the major gun shows) is that they are up-pricing to make up for the additional expenses of being at the show, to wit:

- Shows out of the area relative to the dealer's location means paying for hotel rooms for owner and helpers,
- Big E charges vendors $5/car/day parking too,
- Carol charges $50 for access to electricity and another $50 for access to the Internet (NICS, FA-10, ccs),
- Table costs (IIRC Carol charges ~$85/table),
- Eating out costs,
- Etc.

I'm not justifying it, just trying to explain what MIGHT be the rationale used by the vendors.

Yes, I can see why that may be their reasoning to up price their items but it doesn't really provide an incentive to buy there. I had a wallet full of cash looking to buy some ammo and maybe a shotgun, but their prices just didn't move me. If anything, I would've felt dumb paying their prices. I suppose if I lived in the middle of nowhere and there were no shops within a hour or two of driving, then I'd be compelled to fork over an extra $40-$60 for a gun. I drove to Hunter's after the show and saw way more cool stuff at the store than at the entire show.

Back
Top Bottom