UPDATE Discount Flyer post #17Holbrrok Sportsman's Club Gun Show Nov 16,17

I look at going to gun shows as "entertainment" with an admission price.

You do get to see lots of guns and accessories in a single location.

You might just find that "diamond in the rough", but in general the odds of finding deals or cheap guns are pretty slim.

And you might find something totally unexpected! Talking with Fred led to talking with another Holbrook member who referred me to one of the exhibiting gun dealers who also owns an oil company/oil burner repair company and I've been looking to dump my current company . . . so the show may become very worthwhile to me after all.

One of the reasons I don't do gun shows is cost. If I held ammo prices I would lose $$ because of those additional costs. YMMV...

Am I the only one dissapointed about there being no beef jerkey?
Even if I dont buy anything at the show, the beef jerkey always makes it worth it for me.
My 7yr. old nephew I brought with me was very concerned with the health of the couple that sell it. " I hope thier not sick " , " can we send them a get well soon card, if they are sick " ?
He enjoyed all the cool knives and guns and learning the difference between a magazine and a clip.

IIRC the jerky folks are from ME. They only do the "major" shows and only where permitted (some venues refuse to allow any vendor to sell food products) . . . they don't want competition from the venue's own food service.

i was working the show for the Club, and although we had a diffrent location, we had just as many tables, i think the layout made it seem smaller, but we had same number of tables. I was lucky to be wokring with 50BMG for the show, thansk Fred, great weekend.

I got to meet and talk to LENS saturday, great meeting you and talking to you.

i thought most of the prices were a bit high, but no diffrent than you see at more smaller shows, or our shows in the past, still some good deals, ammo a bit high, but i still saw it going out the door.

thanks for everyone that attended..

A few things I noticed missing from this show... Terry and crew from Collectors, and the guy who sells ammo with his wife who is usually in the back of the warming house where the stove is.

A few things I noticed missing from this show... Terry and crew from Collectors, and the guy who sells ammo with his wife who is usually in the back of the warming house where the stove is.

Terry was invited but he is presently enjoying a well deserved vacation in Aruba. The dealers who were at the last show were contacted but some had other commitments. I assume that is the case with the ammo guy your mentioning Ray.

i was working the show for the Club, and although we had a diffrent location, we had just as many tables, i think the layout made it seem smaller, but we had same number of tables. I was lucky to be wokring with 50BMG for the show, thansk Fred, great weekend.

I got to meet and talk to LENS saturday, great meeting you and talking to you.

i thought most of the prices were a bit high, but no diffrent than you see at more smaller shows, or our shows in the past, still some good deals, ammo a bit high, but i still saw it going out the door.

thanks for everyone that attended..

Nice chatting with you too and thanks for the oil guy lead, that was worth the price of admission!

unfortunately, one ******* ruined it for the club. until the internal stuff gets resolved, they can't hold it at the club. probably wouldve been better at the club. everyone would've been on more familiar ground

Back
Top Bottom