UPPER GROUP KIT, RESOLUTE™ 300, 5.7x28mm Radial Delayed Blowback, 3 10RD MAGS

54F3FC1__04192.1609955859.1280.1280.jpg

So you want to buy an upper that feeds the hardest find and most expensive tiny cartridge, before all this kung flu BS?! It’s your money.

My friend has a FN 5.7, I’ve shot it, it’s a nice gun. It, and it’s ammo were expensive and hard to find years ago. Minus the real AP stuff, which was excessively hard to find years ago, the performance is debatable. The 5.7 pistol shines in follow up shots, it has basically no recoil, and flush fit 20’round mags. But without the good ammo that you can’t get, it’s kinda meh. It may perform better out of a rifle length barrel??

Also, 10 round mags are a hard no for me. If it could somehow take the fancy 50 round ps-90 mags, well, cost and availability of ammo would be easier to overlook....but that’s not reality.

That ridiculous cartridge is loads of fun in a FN bull pup rifle.

In an AR its just weaker and more expensive than .223.

There was a company that made an upper that used the 50 round FN mags on top. That was at least cool. This is pointless.

If you like it then do it. Not sure why people need the approval of others to get something they like. If the reviews are good on it, then jump on it. The price of 5.7 will go down eventually.
I know. I am just getting opinions. Maybe some one on here has one. Reviews look good. I know it’s expensive. Cost and practicality isn’t always the driving force behind something fun to build. I expect some to like it some not. New to building an AR so just researching.

I know. I am just getting opinions. Maybe some one on here has one. Reviews look good. I know it’s expensive. Cost and practicality isn’t always the driving force behind something fun to build. I expect some to like it some not. New to building an AR so just researching.
I can't speak for this but i have a ps90 and a ruger 57 and love them both. I am a fan of this round. Is it cheap? No, but neither is shooting my 30-06,357,308,etc

If you like it then do it. Not sure why people need the approval of others to get something they like. If the reviews are good on it, then jump on it. The price of 5.7 will go down eventually.
But never cheaper than 556

And 5.7 is like the 40 to 556s 10mm

But hey whatever floats ur boat I think pcc ars are dumb too...

If you want a good cartridge buy a 6.8spc
That's my jam

Ignore everything I said if the thought of shooting it makes you smile. I also think my tone was off. I did not intend to criticize or belittle you.

This is clearly a "toy" kind of purchase. And if you want it, then get it.

TO ME - it seems pointless. harder to get, weaker, and more expensive than .223.

But that's ME. Probably 75% of the firearms I own are just toys that I want for no real reason.

Ignore everything I said if the thought of shooting it makes you smile. I also think my tone was off. I did not intend to criticize or belittle you.

This is clearly a "toy" kind of purchase. And if you want it, then get it.

TO ME - it seems pointless. harder to get, weaker, and more expensive than .223.

But that's ME. Probably 75% of the firearms I own are just toys that I want for no real reason.
Not taking anything to heart here. Just wanted input if anybody had done it. pros cons. I’ve been here long enough to know questions like this get a lot of opinions. Just saw the caliber and was curious.

If I was interested in the 5.7 in a rifle platform, I'd try to get the FN bull pup PS90.or at the very least the AR upper that uses the FN top mount mags.

All of this just for the cool factor.

The PS90 lends itself to being brought into compliance with MA AWB.

No folding or telescoping stock
No bayonet lug
Threaded barrel with a brake.

So all you need to do is have the brake pinned and you are legal.

I seriously looked at getting this upper for an AR build. Even had it in my shopping cart at one point. From an ammo point of view, it wouldn’t make much difference to me because I already have an FN FiveseveN and a PS90. And that turned out to be the problem. It was bad enough to have the two FNs in 10 shot mag MA; adding a third in the AR form factor just didn’t make any sense at all.

Now if I didn’t have anything in 5.7 and wanted to play with that round, knowing what I know now, I would go with the CMMG 5.7 conversion. With a full 16 inch barrel you’ll get a little better velocity than the PS90 with its 14.8 inch rifled barreled and fixed 1.2 inch brake. But to be honest, if you can’t get the 40 round version, I wouldn’t get one until I had several other of the available AR calibers. I’ve said this in other threads, the 5.7 is fun to shoot, but in MA, with a 10 round mag limit it has absolutely no purpose. If you're in the situation where you can afford to have guns as toys, go ahead and go for it, But there were literally dozens of guns I bought before I got the 5.7s.

There are absolutely plenty of reasons why you should not do it, and one very, very good reason to do it: because you can and want to.

It's your money, so f*** it. Do it and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom