• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

US Coast Guard ‘Follows the Beaver’ with First Woman Nominated to Service Head Position ;)

I'll be honest, there could be worse choices. I met her when she was the D1 CO. Her and her husband would kayak from Hospital point to Gloucester. Super nice and well respected. I have no issue with this nomination.

As you well know (I'm sure), women in armed services get a bad rap, and have a hard time advancing. Linda came through in a MUCH different CG than the one we have today - DOT Coast Guard - old school hazing, and for a woman in the officer corps, that sucks ass. Good for her.

I'll be honest, there could be worse choices. I met her when she was the D1 CO. Her and her husband would kayak from Hospital point to Gloucester. Super nice and well respected. I have no issue with this nomination.

As you well know (I'm sure), women in armed services get a bad rap, and have a hard time advancing. Linda came through in a MUCH different CG than the one we have today - DOT Coast Guard - old school hazing, and for a woman in the officer corps, that sucks ass. Good for her.

Yup, f***in’eh!

My post title was mainly to play with innuendo, but I have nothing but respect to ANYONE that makes it that far. 36 years is quite literally a lifetime of service.

I’ve always looked at coasties as the marine equivalent of Marines! What we did on land, you crazy a**h***s did in the water!

Good on her, and genuinely refreshing to see a woman earn her stripes all the way to the top!

…unlike someone else.

1649262512313.png

Back
Top Bottom