Used gun question?

If a shop has a used gun that is not on the approved roster then does that mean it must be a gun made before the 1998 law and there fore 9 years old or older. I am asking b/c a local gun shop's website has a taurus revolver on there used gun list, so i am guessing it is pre-98.

In order for an FFL to sell it, it must have been registered in this state prior to the 98 cut-off date.

They could be listing it for a "out of state sale". As you know everything is for sale on the internet now [smile] . I would check with the shop to be sure.

Anyone have any advice on a pre-98 taurus model 85 in very good shape. Are they reliable and how much would you pay? It is a small frame .38 sp snubnose.

Last edited:
Anyone have any advice on a pre-98 taurus model 85 in very good shape. Are they reliable and how much would you pay? It is a small frame .38 sp snubnose.

There are better buys out there than Taurus firearms. My mother-in-law has had several Taurus snub revolvers over the years and has quickly sold every one of them. Their fit and finish is poor, and their actions cannot be tuned as well as, say, a Smith & Wesson wheelgun.

Back
Top Bottom