Used my Knoxx stock for the first time...

I just wanted to give a quick review of my knoxx stock that I have on my mossberg 500a. First off, if you are even considering buying this thing...BUY IT! It is amazing, my girlfriend and I shot over 100 rounds (target loads) today, and both of our shoulders aren't sore, bruised, or beat up...I would say that blackhawks' claim of 95% reduction of recoil is basically dead on. My s&w 9mm m&p compact has more kick than my 12 gauge...DEFINATELY THE BEST 100 BUCKS I HAVE SPENT SO FAR

Any questions please feel free to ask...

Have you tried it with full-power 00 buckshot or slugs? I wonder if the recoil reduction will be as noticeable. I have never fired a shotgun with one side-by-side with a gun not equipped, but the 500 I shot with one one was indeed a nice ride...I'd be skeptical about a 95% reduction claim, but it was noticeable nonetheless. Nice stock - congrats! [cheers]

Have you tried it with full-power 00 buckshot or slugs? I wonder if the recoil reduction will be as noticeable. I have never fired a shotgun with one side-by-side with a gun not equipped, but the 500 I shot with one one was indeed a nice ride...I'd be skeptical about a 95% reduction claim, but it was noticeable nonetheless. Nice stock - congrats! [cheers]

I bought a Rem 870 Police Magnum (police trade-in) with synthetic stock and rubber butt pad. I was shooting 00 and slugs and after a few boxes I could feel it (I damaged the rotator cuff some years ago). I bought the Knoxx stock and installed it. WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE! I could easily shoot many boxes pain free. All that I have shot thru that gun is 00 and slugs, commercial stuff.

It is truly a great device and shoulder-saver.

I'd also have to say the Knoxx stock is worth the $$. I think it has less recoil than my AR with the Knoxx stock on. Even with 3" magnum slugs it's more like a .44 magnum than a shotgun.

Yeah I'll also vouch for it, it's a miracle. Shooting high velocity slugs was just too painful before I got it, and now it feels softer than shooting a .44 magnum winchester carbine.

It makes shooting the 870 lots softer than the M2 semi-auto Benelli with it's so-called 'comfortech' stock.

That's awesome...With only one experience under my belt, I have been cautiously recommending them to people buying 500 HD guns at the counter. We seel a lot of 500's - in all varieties and only an 870 or two in the HD mode. Nearly everyone asks about recoil. I've owned both and never found them to be too bad, but limiting on round count to be sure. I have ditched that problem after buying the SuperNova Tactical. Like all of you with Knoxx-equipped shottys, I am stunned by how little felt recoil there is - even with 3 1/2 inch magnum buckshot...I'd still be curious to if this stock really reduces by 95% though.

Thanks all for your thoughts - it will help me better help customers. [cheers]

Yeah the knoxx is pretty good, not sure about 95% reduction. Just watch your face if you have the stock collapsed all the way down... ask me how I know [angry] [wink]

Glad to hear you guys have had such good luck with the knoxx stock also. I didn't have time yesterday to shoot 00 my magnum slugs but, I will definately report back when I do. It really is an amazing stock if anyone has been on the edge as to whether they should buy it or not. The 95% reduction, well that's what they claim. I can't vouch for the exact percentage but, all of you that have used the knoxx stock would agree that a day of shooting leaves you with a like new shoulder.

That's awesome...With only one experience under my belt, I have been cautiously recommending them to people buying 500 HD guns at the counter. We seel a lot of 500's - in all varieties and only an 870 or two in the HD mode. Nearly everyone asks about recoil. I've owned both and never found them to be too bad, but limiting on round count to be sure. I have ditched that problem after buying the SuperNova Tactical. Like all of you with Knoxx-equipped shottys, I am stunned by how little felt recoil there is - even with 3 1/2 inch magnum buckshot...I'd still be curious to if this stock really reduces by 95% though.

Thanks all for your thoughts - it will help me better help customers. [cheers]

Next shoot you are more than welcome to try mine Mark.

Yeah the knoxx is pretty good, not sure about 95% reduction. Just watch your face if you have the stock collapsed all the way down... ask me how I know [angry] [wink]

Yup. [smile][wink]

The manual explains how to prevent that though.

Mass-diver....the installation took maybe 5 minutes which included my opening a beer...haha...The knoxx stock kit comes with the stock, a new forend, and a long allen wrench. All you have to do is literally remove the existing allen screw on your stock, remove the old stock, stick the knoxx stock on, and use the provided allen wrench to tighten the allen screw for the new stock. Honest to god, maybe 2 mins to complete...you should definately get one! : )

Mass-diver....the installation took maybe 5 minutes which included my opening a beer...haha...The knoxx stock kit comes with the stock, a new forend, and a long allen wrench. All you have to do is literally remove the existing allen screw on your stock, remove the old stock, stick the knoxx stock on, and use the provided allen wrench to tighten the allen screw for the new stock. Honest to god, maybe 2 mins to complete...you should definately get one! : )

cool thanks!

I bought a Rem 870 Police Magnum (police trade-in) with synthetic stock and rubber butt pad. I was shooting 00 and slugs and after a few boxes I could feel it (I damaged the rotator cuff some years ago). I bought the Knoxx stock and installed it. WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE! I could easily shoot many boxes pain free. All that I have shot thru that gun is 00 and slugs, commercial stuff.

It is truly a great device and shoulder-saver.

+1

This is truly one of those miracle products!

I have a Knoxx on a Mossberg 590 and a Remington 870 Police..they are the standard stock (not collapsable) and they both work well...Have shot Double 00 and other loads and they reduce recoil quite a bit...Good investment for recoil sensitive folks

Back
Top Bottom