USMC Answering Machine

Real Zoomies, or Air Guard? Big Difference.

IMNSHO, the Air Guard is far better than Real Zoomies. I spent a week during an Ice Storm working with Air Guard Engineers (Electricians and Generator Operators). They worked their asses off, and never bitched.

Dayum! That's a LOT of Bitching. Brits are absolutely the WORST about Bitching.

I've dealt with Canucks, Frogs, Krauts, Dutch,a few Brits and a Belgian.

The Dutch were the best, the Canucks next, then the Belgian. The few Frogs I've known weren't too bad, IF they spoke English. I've got a Dead Horse friend that's ex-French Army. The guy in the pics (Danimal) shooting the AK while smoking a cigar. Real decent guy, very funny.

I lived in a town with a few ex-Bundeswehr guys, a couple of them were in while I lived in that town. Nice guys.

Didn't help we would add fuel to the fire though.[laugh] Especially when we'd all be standing in line at the mess hall. We wouldn't let the french anywhere near the site, didn't trust them.[laugh]

MrsWildweasel said:
Didn't help we would add fuel to the fire though.[laugh] Especially when we'd all be standing in line at the mess hall. We wouldn't let the french anywhere near the site, didn't trust them.[laugh]

Here's a couple of pics of Danimal, one shooting my AK.

20050903-GMM-03-057.jpg

20050903-GMM-03-035.jpg

Nickle said:
Hmmm, whadya buy?

A Swiss rifle, a K-31 carbine, supposedly in excellent condition, with matching serial numbers, but no tag under the butt plate, as far as I know.

I bought her from the fine folks at #@$%$@!.com. She should be here in about a week or so.

Just call me an expectant father!

C-X

derek said:
I like how bad the Airforce gets it. Not availible after 1630 and on weekends. [smile]

Next time you need to get to a crisis overseas, start walking and see how quickly you get to missing the boys in blue!

[laugh2]

FPrice said:
Next time you need to get to a crisis overseas, start walking and see how quickly you get to missing the boys in blue!

[laugh2]

Frosty, the Marines in some ways are like the National Guard. We have our "OWN" Air Force. The Marines have aircraft, and mostly rely on the squids. The Guard takes care of it's own, and the Air Guard actually has some of the best pilots in the Air Force. Remember the C-130 that had to evac the Doctor from Antartica? New York Air National Guard.

Back
Top Bottom