USPC and rifle side match at Bass River

Chuck

NES Member
Moved from email thread. Can someone in the know tell me more about what's happening this coming weekend at Bass River? I'm not much up on USPC (?) and the idea of shooting some kind of rifle match has got me thinking of playing hookie from yard work again!

FYI, they ran a fun fast IDPA classifier there this past weekend. I shot terrible but it certainly wasn't the fault of the Round gun Shooter and the rest of the members. Keep it up!

cheers,
Chuck

Last edited:
The pistol match is four stages of USPSA (IPSC) shooting. They have that the first Sunday of every month, and like you found out at the IDPA classifier, they hold good matches. On the schedule Tim has a rifle side match in the notes as being held after the pistol match. The schedule says, "15 - 25 rounds 10 - 100 yards" and I'm thinking that would be one stage.

The rifle part will be mostly ARs but AKs and Mini-14s would work.

The pistol match is four stages of USPSA (IPSC) shooting. They have that the first Sunday of every month, and like you found out at the IDPA classifier, they hold good matches. On the schedule Tim has a rifle side match in the notes as being held after the pistol match. The schedule says, "15 - 25 rounds 10 - 100 yards" and I'm thinking that would be one stage.

The rifle part will be mostly ARs but AKs and Mini-14s would work.

My WAG on the side match is moving through a stage shooting paper two each with one of Tim's resetting poppers at 100 yards. As for ammo, make damn sure you do not have any steel core or it will burn through the steel which will cost you about $300. New shooters need to test their ammo with a magnet before shooting some of these steel targets. My self setting 6" plate has a few divots from the last rifle side match. I didn't check the shooters ammo.

Have fun,

Can you guys give me more details on the shoot Sunday, like start time? I have been dying to get to an actual shoot and all the planets seem to be lining up for me on Sunday.

Can you guys give me more details on the shoot Sunday, like start time? I have been dying to get to an actual shoot and all the planets seem to be lining up for me on Sunday.

sign up is around 9:30, shooting starts at 10am. Bring around 150-200 rounds, better to have to much then too little.

The rifle match starts after the regular match stuff is put away.

They run a fun match at bass river

Hey Chuck- ya did fine..... It was my first IDPA experience, and the whole accuracy thing without "real" sights on my revo made it more interesting than it could have been.

Definitely check out USPSA- just bring LOTS of ammo (and you'll see why I was scounging all that brass)!

Greg
(the model 10 shooter)

It was a nice match. We had a squad with four new people and moved along pretty quickly. The effects of the hired guns seminars are definitely showing.

The rifle match was fun. Supermoto won with his little gun.

Fun match today. the stages were well designed.

The baby RA shot well, I'm always surprised when the bullets make it 100yrd, nevermind actually hit the target.

Its a shame the sun didn't come out until after the match.

Back
Top Bottom