• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA Dues Increase 85% / what’s going on with USPSA

"Giving slots to sections" means given a slot they can use to register before the waitlist opens up, not giving a free entry. In practice, most people who sign up via the waitlist do manage to get in since the time and expense of the nationals limits the number on non-champion level shooters who are willing to make the necessary investment.

off topic but just recvd an email that a local club (Maynard) is
jumping from $220 to $300.

Hard pass.
Wow.... seems excessive for a club with a liquor license unless the membership base is VERY small. Trust me expenses have skyrocketed in the last 2 years and you need to have enough membership available to spread it out. Some of these clubs facilities are very old. My clubhouse was (re)built in the early 60's and heating, AC, electrical, etc are all showing their age. We've had to bite the bullet and entirely replace some of these things simply because the cost of maintaining them when they break is too much.

Wow.... seems excessive for a club with a liquor license unless the membership base is VERY small. Trust me expenses have skyrocketed in the last 2 years and you need to have enough membership available to spread it out. Some of these clubs facilities are very old. My clubhouse was (re)built in the early 60's and heating, AC, electrical, etc are all showing their age. We've had to bite the bullet and entirely replace some of these things simply because the cost of maintaining them when they break is too much.
While the gross income from a club’s bar may be large, quite often the net income is small or negative. There are a lot of expenses that come with running a bar (insurance, salary and benefits for the bartenders, supplies, booze, heating and other utilities, etc.). In addition, the cash flows can be overly tempting for the staff to resist pocketing some of it.

While the gross income from a club’s bar may be large, quite often the net income is small or negative. There are a lot of expenses that come with running a bar (insurance, salary and benefits for the bartenders, supplies, booze, heating and other utilities, etc.). In addition, the cash flows can be overly tempting for the staff to resist pocketing some of it.
Our finances at Hopkinton Sportsmens improved when we shut down the bar, for pretty much those reasons. A big one was running old inefficient A/C in the summer.

Our finances at Hopkinton Sportsmens improved when we shut down the bar, for pretty much those reasons. A big one was running old inefficient A/C in the summer.
Upgrading AC and replacing all the lighting with LED (with National Grid discounts!!) made a difference. However lead cleanup costs have gone through the roof while contractors seem to have disappeared.

Are y'all following what's going on with the organization? They booted our AD last night. I'm not renewing my membership when it expires next month.
Where are you reading this ?

And screw them, there were 2 guys that abstained and one was our A7 director.

Where are you reading this ?
The BOD meeting last night was livestreamed (except for the many executive sessions)
It was clear that the legacy BOD members were on a path to remove Frank Rizzi (A7D) for any reason possible just like they did last month with A3D.
The thing they used to remove Frank was a 5 day lapse in his annual membership that he upgraded to a life membership. This happened after he was voted to become a director but had not taken the seat yet. The bylaws state that a director candidate must have been a member for at least 3 consecutive years to run for office, and be a life member to hold office - but there is no mention about the time in-between.
This simple matter could have been ignored, but like I said they wanted him out.

Last month A3D Scott Arnburg was removed for sharing "confidential documents" - he admitted to sharing emails from one or more directors to other directors with outside parties, something that they all do on a regular basis as part of their duties. Again, they used that to remove him because they wanted him out.

Several months back Mel Rodero was voted into the A4D position without having a valid Range Officer certification -required in the bylaws to be a director. He had several opportunities to attend a RO class while running for the position, and after wining the election but before being seated, he did not. According the the bylaws, he is considered to have resigned at that moment, he did not and mention of his situation during a BOD meeting was stricken from the meeting minutes. He was told to get the RO cert, he finally did, and then the BOD voted to ignore the bylaw and keep him in place- the special consideration was given to him because he is buddies with the other legacy BOD members.

Also in the meeting last night the BOD voted to put in place (as interim directors) Sherwyn Greenfield as A3D - he was recently voted out of that position and Scott Anburg won that election. And Bruce Gary to A1D whom had resigned from his position to avoid being voted out. Section coordinators of A1 had nominated a different guy as none wanted Bruce back.

The legacy BOD is picking what bylaws to follow and what to ignore to suit their needs. They are recklessly spending far more money than the organization brings in. They are putting a stop to anyone who wants to change their path.

They submitted the Area Directors to a polygraph. And those that did not take it are gone. Wow!

'After a series of emails were leaked and posted on social media last year, we reviewed our legal responsibilities to the Board and our members and started an investigation into the matter. The Board agreed to what was considered an extreme but necessary step of taking polygraph examinations. All non-employee Board members except Area 7 Director, Frank Rizzi, and Area 3 Director, Scott Arnburg, took the polygraphs. Everyone who took the polygraphs passed them without signs of deception.

We also undertook additional measures to uncover the source of the leaks. A forensic investigation concluded that Scott Arnburg was the source of one of the most recent email leaks which was posted on social media to embarrass another director only minutes after Arnburg received it. At the December board meeting, Mr. Arnburg admitted to regularly sharing other presumably sensitive and confidential emails and information to third parties during his time on the board.

After reviewing the results of the forensic investigation, hearing from Mr. Arnburg, and considering the irreparable damage done by the leaks, the board carefully deliberated and determined it was necessary to exercise its authority to remove Mr. Arnburg from the board. The removal is final and Mr. Arnburg is ineligible for reinstatement to the board under the bylaws. The process for the removal of a board member, the number of votes required for removal, and the finality of the action as stated in the bylaws has been reviewed by several law firms on behalf of USPSA over the past few years and found to be legally compliant. Additionally, after the vote to remove Mr. Arnburg, Area 7 Director, Frank Rizzi and President, Yee-Min Lin, independently inquired into the matter and received confirmation from Delaware nonprofit counsel that the board acted appropriately, and the necessary number of votes were cast for removal.'

https://uspsa.org/announcement/866

What is going on with USPSA is disgusting. I hope that USPSA clubs in New England wiill withdraw from USPSA and start holding PCSL matches instead: PCS League

The rules in PCSL are open source. There are no employees, no directors, no fees that can be misused by out-of-control directors. I don't see any way to fix USPSA as long as the current gang are in charge of the BOD and I don't see any way of getting them out.

I'm forming the USPSSSA which is the United States Practical Single Stack Shooing Association. Who's coming over? All single stack all the time.
You outta be able to find at least 1/2 a dozen guys. Some of us might need a walker.

And I got pissed off at IDPA's shenanigans...

I'm forming the USPSSSA which is the United States Practical Single Stack Shooing Association. Who's coming over? All single stack all the time.

United States 1911 pistol association.

Do you require the old military flap holsters or?

Mags limited to 7 rounds?

The BOD meeting last night was livestreamed (except for the many executive sessions)
It was clear that the legacy BOD members were on a path to remove Frank Rizzi (A7D) for any reason possible just like they did last month with A3D.
The thing they used to remove Frank was a 5 day lapse in his annual membership that he upgraded to a life membership. This happened after he was voted to become a director but had not taken the seat yet. The bylaws state that a director candidate must have been a member for at least 3 consecutive years to run for office, and be a life member to hold office - but there is no mention about the time in-between.
This simple matter could have been ignored, but like I said they wanted him out.

Last month A3D Scott Arnburg was removed for sharing "confidential documents" - he admitted to sharing emails from one or more directors to other directors with outside parties, something that they all do on a regular basis as part of their duties. Again, they used that to remove him because they wanted him out.

Several months back Mel Rodero was voted into the A4D position without having a valid Range Officer certification -required in the bylaws to be a director. He had several opportunities to attend a RO class while running for the position, and after wining the election but before being seated, he did not. According the the bylaws, he is considered to have resigned at that moment, he did not and mention of his situation during a BOD meeting was stricken from the meeting minutes. He was told to get the RO cert, he finally did, and then the BOD voted to ignore the bylaw and keep him in place- the special consideration was given to him because he is buddies with the other legacy BOD members.

Also in the meeting last night the BOD voted to put in place (as interim directors) Sherwyn Greenfield as A3D - he was recently voted out of that position and Scott Anburg won that election. And Bruce Gary to A1D whom had resigned from his position to avoid being voted out. Section coordinators of A1 had nominated a different guy as none wanted Bruce back.

The legacy BOD is picking what bylaws to follow and what to ignore to suit their needs. They are recklessly spending far more money than the organization brings in. They are putting a stop to anyone who wants to change their path.
I didn't want to comment on your FB post, since you were addressing match directors, but I hope Hopkinton and Harvard both drop affiliation.

As far as alternatives go, I'll use this opportunity to plug Defensive Action matches, run by Metrowest Tactical at Harvard. Short simple rule book; course of fire can turn a stage into IDPA or USPSA or anything in-between. We've had a mix of IDPA and USPSA guys and everyone seems to like the format. Just throwing it out there.

I didn't want to comment on your FB post, since you were addressing match directors, but I hope Hopkinton and Harvard both drop affiliation.

As far as alternatives go, I'll use this opportunity to plug Defensive Action matches, run by Metrowest Tactical at Harvard. Short simple rule book; course of fire can turn a stage into IDPA or USPSA or anything in-between. We've had a mix of IDPA and USPSA guys and everyone seems to like the format. Just throwing it out there.

Where are the deets on the Defensive Action matches?

What is going on with USPSA is disgusting. I hope that USPSA clubs in New England wiill withdraw from USPSA and start holding PCSL matches instead: PCS League

The rules in PCSL are open source. There are no employees, no directors, no fees that can be misused by out-of-control directors. I don't see any way to fix USPSA as long as the current gang are in charge of the BOD and I don't see any way of getting them out.
For the Revolver shooters in USPSA this could be an opportunity for ICORE to get established in more clubs.

I won’t be renewing my USPSA membership. I only kept I active to maintain my RO Status.

Much of it is summed up nicely in the letter I sent to then president-elect Yen-Min in October, 2022. His response was consistent with USPSA policy regarding communications from dissidents --- he did not even acknowledge receipt of the letter.

There is more .... much more. The BOD of a formerly great org making bad decisions, working to stifle dissent, and acting as if their role is to rule, not lead and serve.

The final straw was the board removing the Area 7 director (this area - there are 8), after previously removing the A3 director - both were the only voices of dissent on the board. They reinstated the A7D two days later (last night). The BOD will no doubt have self serving spin, but this appears to be a result of massive pushback Two clubs have already announced an and to USPSA affiliated matches.

RTFL - it highlights some of the issues, and could even serve as a blueprint for recovery.

Attachments

• Yee-Min-Letter-president.pdf
    570.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
so, the "President Yee-Min Lin" turns out to be someone who does not care to understand general principles of democratic processes, it seems?
what a quite a surprise it should be...

same level of surprise when indian and mid-eastern execs take the core positions in the company and then flood it with relatives and their own people pushing everyone else aside no matter the seniority or relevance. a huge surprise for all else, always.

Back
Top Bottom