• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vortex- Exceptional Service

Recently, I purchased a Vortex PST 4-16 x 50 FFP scope from Bear Basin. It arrived Tuesday last week and didn't get around to inspecting it until Late Wednesday. Unfortunately, upon inspection I noticed an inclusion in the glass. Clearly disappointed at this point I decided to call Vortex the next day (Thursday). I was immediately helped by a nice lady name Colleen. I explained the situation and without hesitation she immediately e-mailed me a Fed-Ex overnight shipping lable. All I had to do was repack the unit and schedule fed ex for a pick up. The unit was picked up that day. I received confirmation from Fed Ex on Friday that Vortex had received my package. Honestly within a hour or two after that (Still Friday) I received another Fed ex notification stating that Vortex has shipped the replacement optic to me. I received the new unit this morning at work(Monday) and it is perfect.

If you are in the market for some new optics, do yourself a favor and consider Vortex. They are definitely a class act.

Good to know! I just ordered the vortex spitfire 3x. Waiting for vortex to ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know! I just ordered the vortex spitfire 3x. Waiting for vortex to ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in what you think of the spitfire. Must let us know!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

There are also the only scope mfgr I know of that does not have a limit like "2 years on electronics" on their so-called lifetime warranty.

Thebig $$ boys - Trijicon, Swavorski and Browe all have this limit.

Digging up this thread to give a well deserved bump for Vortex customer service and QC.

I had trouble with my 1-4X Viper PST on my service rifle. I was randomly chasing the POI after adjustments. Sometimes it would adjust, sometimes it would not, or at least only partially. Other times it would jump farther than I was expecting. Last I shot it, the weather was quite cold & dealing with a wonky scope was no party. I contacted Vortex & they sent me a RMA for service.

Follow up email was quick, and once a tech started diving in I received a call. He was having trouble figuring out what was the problem as it now seemed to behave as it should. Long story short, he finally arrived at the conclusion that tightening the rings to the upper end of the recommended range must have been binding the scope and making the adjustments stick. Perhaps my torque wrench reads a little lower than actual. I was using the better set of Vortex brand rings. Basically user error on my part.

Before sending it back, to verify the scope's performance the scope was mounted on one of the tech's personal rifles and shot with varying adjustments. Everything checked out and they sent it back. I am now torquing at 15 in/lbs and no problem with binding, nor with the scope slipping. Seems that 15 in/lbs is more than enough to do the job. Finally tested at the range today, 100 yards on SR-1:

J40JOg3h.jpg
[/IMG]

Made some adjustments back and forth & all shots landing where I wanted them. Lower 5 shots via those adjustments. Last 3 shots within the 'ghost' X-ring at top via the final adjustment. The 'ghost' X-ring approximates where I need to hit the 100 yard target to be in the actual X-ring at 200 yards. If I could only pepper the X-ring like this in a match...

Anyway, the Vortex folks are simply awesome to deal with- great communication, great follow up, quick action, and quick return. Glad to be their customer.

Back
Top Bottom