Vortex Flash Suppressor...

So, I did a search here and read a flash suppressor thread, but am still scratching my head about the possibility of adding an SEI Vortex F/S to my M1A SOCOM. As it is, the SOCOM comes standard with a brake, (which is fine), the Scout comes standard with a brake, but the M1A Standard comes with a lugless flash suppressor....So what I'm wondering is: Since my SOCOM cannot accept a bayonet, can I add a Vortex when they become available, or possibly an ARS modification? Not looking for legal advice, (especially on the internet), just opinions...Thinking Vortex from SEI or something like this which is an adaptation of an SEI Vortex and an SAI standard comp:

ARS Comp Upgrade

Yes. Vortex FS is why I got a Scout and not the SOCOM.

Glad to see they're making one for SOCOM too.

I'm waiting to see some reports on how it handles. The SOCOM brake is sublime and does what it intended - reduces recoil. The gun comes back to point like no other. I talked with SEI and Troy - a SOCOM dedicated Vortex is on the way, but the ARS system seems to be the cats arse at the moment. Conversion to Vortex is $70.00. It voids the gas system warranty however according to my conversation with SA and replacements comps are unavailable, so this alteration is permanent....

Back
Top Bottom