Walls of Steel 2012

Hey Cuz Better bring a lot of ammo, LOTS OF AMMO!!! Stage 1 targets are awfully small and they dodge the bullets. Think last years stage 4 but smaller and stage 4 is still there also.

Small targets aren't so bad as long as you're only 10 - 12 ft away from them...

In that case, I think I'll adopt NBPD3682's philosophy of setting a "ammo budget" for the stage and if I run out of ammo before I get them all down then so be it. I can't wait until tomorrow morning, looks like we'll be shooting in the rain, dress accordingly!

- Cuz.

As promised. Here are some videos from my squad shooting yesterday morning. It was hot and humid but everyone had a great time. Thanks to the whole crew that makes this great match possible.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA4E474225ADE8A80

I did the best on stage 2 but we didn't get it on tape. Stage 5 was pretty good as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was the most fun i had with a gun this year w/o a doubt! did AM and PM sessions went thru about 500 rounds! this will be an annual thing for me....and that facility...amazing!

Great time and ran incredibly smooth. Ran 6 squads on six stages, seemed like we never had to wait for more than a shooter or two when coming to the next stage and it was still an early day. Very well put together match that was extremely fun.

Had a great time at the WoS shoot again this year.

To all those that helped set up, RO, stats and put up with me, THANK YOU ! [rockon]
All your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Dave Parker

(now where are those results ! ! ! ! Pete couldn't have beat me again [crying])

Jim and the crew did a great job - thanks!
This was a well run match - shooting under cover during the rain was fine..
I have no complaints other than my mega jamb/pistol malfunction on the popper stage.

Thanks to the sponsors too...especially STI [smile]

So how many bullets do you think those doughnut shaped targets swallowed up?

I'm pretty sure I missed wide left before hitting the edge

As always, my performance could have been better. But, considering how a great portion of the targets seem to have shrunk since last year, I could have done WAY worse. We picked a perfect day to shoot, awesome weather and awesome r.o.'s.

I can't even fathom the amount of work that must go into setting this up and keeping all that steel working so well (well, if you hit it it works!) for 3 days. Thank you SO MUCH Jim and crew for doing what you do!

though my scores probably wont show it, I had a great time and can't wait for the mini walls event. Thanks to the club, RSOs, and sponsors for an awesome day with good people.

Just a big thank you to all of the shooters I RO for on Fri and Sun morning. Pleasure to see old friends and new faces on the stages. Everybody was safe and did their part with resetting steel and picking up their brass. Only disappointment was to see Craig with a bottom feeder instead of his wheel gun [pot]

Dave

Nice shooting Matt. Same to Dave, Ed and the rest. Looked like some close battles.

Last edited:
Another year and another awesome match! Thanks Jim and team!!

I had a great time this year although I wasn't too happy with my performance. I had a tough go with both pistols. I'll make sure to actually shoot some steel before the match next season!

And... I finally got my STI hat. Thank you for remembering Jim!

Congrats to the winners! You guys shot great!! I wish I could have seen all of you compete.

Back
Top Bottom