Walmart Amherst NH AMMO Prices

I took a trip up to Walmart in Amherst, They still have pretty good prices on ammo. I paid $10.97 for 150 gr. .30-30 (box o' 20). $29.66 for .380 ACP (box o' 100) and $13.88 for rem. .22LR (box o' 550). Not bad compared to other places I have seen.

This is true, but I spoke to a gentleman at the Mass DOR some years ago about this. He told me that if you are a Mass res. and buy out of state and bring it to Mass you are obligated to send in the sales tax. They have form for this. He did not have a great demand for these forms, however. Wonder why? Maybe this policy has changed since I spoke with them. Jack.

This is true, but I spoke to a gentleman at the Mass DOR some years ago about this. He told me that if you are a Mass res. and buy out of state and bring it to Mass you are obligated to send in the sales tax. They have form for this. He did not have a great demand for these forms, however. Wonder why? Maybe this policy has changed since I spoke with them. Jack.

the state of MA can kiss my ass[smile]

This is true. I have a business based in NH, but have many clients down in Mass … These are large companies who tend to fall under the scrutiny of Auditors, so they must abide by these rules. If I work on a project for one of these clients that involves reselling goods to them that would be taxable in Mass they (the client) have actually requested that I collect and charge them Mass Sales Tax. So, even though I've carefully positioned my business and lifestyle to be behind the Granite Wall, I am still making a monthly payment to the Commiewealth of Massachusetts to cover sales taxes.

I can't wait for the day when the Mass Dept. of Revenue wants to audit me to be sure I'm collecting all the Sales taxes due them. That's going to be a colorful conversation.

did you see 9mm?

I took a trip up to Walmart in Amherst, They still have pretty good prices on ammo. I paid $10.97 for 150 gr. .30-30 (box o' 20). $29.66 for .380 ACP (box o' 100) and $13.88 for rem. .22LR (box o' 550). Not bad compared to other places I have seen.

Cleaning out the office and found an old receipt, I bought a 100cnt 9mm WWB for $18.42 on 2/13/08 in Hudson NH. Seeing where the Dick's sale prices have gone since last fall I'm curious how Walmart prices are faring.

Thanks,
Bill

A week or so ago I picked up a couple hundred rounds of .223 from a NH Walmart for $8.48 a box of 20. I cleaned them out of whatever they had! Some prices seemed okay other a little out of whack!

in doing my taxes a few years ago the prepare asked "Did you make any out of state purchases?' my answer was no and if I did do you think I'd tell the state.

Back
Top Bottom