want to make a bench block, need hole pattern

Golddiggie

NES Member
I have plenty of raw material (plastic rounds) to use for this, in a good size range (up to around 3" OD I believe). I just need the hole pattern for the thing. I know I can buy one for not a lot of money (about $25 on Amazon) but since I have all this stuff already why not make one?

So if anyone has one of the bench blocks, I'd appreciate a hole pattern drawing. I know it probably doesn't need to be exact, but at least hole sizes and locations would be great. If they really don't matter much for positioning, then the hole sizes would be good.

Might not need the pattern after all... Got info from someone that's made one before. Going to give it a shot and see how it works out...

I have made dozens out of nylon. 3-4 inch diameter depending on what stock I had. 1/2" hole centered. Use a vee router bit in my mill for a deep groove centered. Then I raise it up for a shallow vee groove 1/2" off center. The other holes I vary the size from 3/16, 1/4 and 3/8. Go on Brownells and look at one of theirs then eyeball where you put them.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if there was an actual reason for the hole placement/positions on this. I'm considering making one for the FCG pins on AR's too.

Back
Top Bottom