"We only provide LTC for target practice and sporting"? Is this allowed?

Hello folks, new to the forums but was made aware of it during my Safety course.

I just set up an appointment for what I assume is a LTC interview, although I still haven't given my application or shown anything. The officer mentioned that the city of Lowell _ONLY_ provides LTC for target practice and sporting. Is this just a way to get me to say 'oh ok' and accept a restricted? I don't make any cash deposits or carry large sums of money so I don't have much of a case.

The main reason I don't want to get a restricted license is because I heard if I get a restricted license now, it will make it much more difficult to get an unrestricted license later if I move to a new town that allows ALP LTC-A's. Is this true? Is there anything I can do to defend myself against this?

I don't mind having a restricted license for now, but I don't want to put a dinge on my record that I was "denied" an unrestricted license just because of the city.

Thanks.

The main reason I don't want to get a restricted license is because I heard if I get a restricted license now, it will make it much more difficult to get an unrestricted license later if I move to a new town that allows ALP LTC-A's. Is this true? Is there anything I can do to defend myself against this?

Thanks.

Getting a restricted license is not the same as getting denied. However, depending on where you move to, upgrading might require you to wait until your license renews.

Unless you have a lot fo money to spend on lawyers, no there is sadly nothing to do about this in the state of MA.

Same thing happens in Waltham. I knew in advance I'd get restricted to target and hunting. When I applied, I'd written all lawful purposes on my application and the LO said "We only do target and hunting for first timers, that okay with you?" and I said "I'll take what I can get."
Supposedly upon renewal I can get unrestricted.

Chelsea will do the same thing. Target and Sporting the first time around, ALP going forward if you stay clean. The ALP is given almost automatically the second time around, which actually surprised me a little when they gave it to me without me even asking.

Of course, now that I've moved to West Roxbury (Boston), I anticipate being "downgraded" to Target and Sporting once I go up for renewal in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom