Expired MA LTC = useful?

Moving out of MA and realizing my LTC expires in a few months. People say an expired MA LTC is still very useful and essentially a get out of jail free card. What does that mean?

Moving out of MA and realizing my LTC expires in a few months. People say an expired MA LTC is still very useful and essentially a get out of jail free card. What does that mean?

Carrying on an expired LTC can result in a fine. Check out this thread, explains the whys:

Congratulations on moving. I hope it’s a better state. Wipe your ass with it.
It's just Maine so Mass North. Still relatively free for now but we'll see what the laws look like a couple voting seasons down the road. The expired LTC get outta jail free card is great tho lol. Not sure if it's worth it for me to pay MA a Benjamin per year for the privilege to keep carrying the handful of times I'll be visiting.

It's just Maine so Mass North. Still relatively free for now but we'll see what the laws look like a couple voting seasons down the road. The expired LTC get outta jail free card is great tho lol. Not sure if it's worth it for me to pay MA a Benjamin per year for the privilege to keep carrying the handful of times I'll be visiting.
Maine isn’t what it used to be. For that matter, neither is New Hampshire. We’ve been in Alabama over 3 years now. It’s far better than I thought before moving here.

Even if it does eventually result in a fine, it won’t be smooth ride. At least if this guy’s experience is indicative of the typical police response:

Terenzoni was arraigned Friday at Newburyport District Court on charges that included carrying a loaded firearm without a license, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building and three counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Investigators determined Terenzoni's license to carry in Massachusetts expired five years ago.

My son used to live in Baldwin county and we loved going down there to visit. It's a very nice area.

Maine isn’t what it used to be. For that matter, neither is New Hampshire. We’ve been in Alabama over 3 years now. It’s far better than I thought before moving here.

My son used to live in Baldwin county and we loved going down there to visit. It's a very nice area.
I was skeptical, but at the time Kimber arms was paying for my move. I got crazy money for my house New Hampshire. Now we are near Huntsville. It is very nice here and very conservative.

It depends where you move. I'd say 85% is conservative. Unfortunately the bigger cities are not. That is driving new Hampshire liberal.

Lol, not really. The largest political problem in NH is actually blow in college students f***ing up the bigger seats. (which is why NH has f***ed up federal level positions) That's why your perception is likely skewed. If we exclude tthat issue, most of the libtards in NH that remain are actually locally sourced trust fundy types etc. The immgration into the state otherwise outside of those transient/temporary students is overwhelmingly conservative.

Old ID is always good, even if it's expired if it's needed for secondary ID. As an example, getting a passport and needing to submit more than one form of ID, it establishes identity. I keep all expired driver's licenses and gun permits, but I wouldn't advise carrying an expired LTC, so keep it in the safe.

Alabama is awesome. It’s also a state where there is almost nothing to lobby Montgomery for. They have just about everything 2A related that one would want.

The police frequently do not understand the protections provided by an expired LTC, for example:

Police: Man charged in brewery shooting wasn't licensed to carry gun in Mass.

Terenzoni was arraigned Friday at Newburyport District Court on charges that included carrying a loaded firearm without a license, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building and three counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Investigators determined Terenzoni's license to carry in Massachusetts expired five years ago.

The police frequently do not understand the protections provided by an expired LTC, for example:

Police: Man charged in brewery shooting wasn't licensed to carry gun in Mass.
People often forget that you can still be arrested for legal conduct. MA has the best “grace period” of any state that requires a license. It’s technically valid for life. If one just updates his address when he moves out of state, it would valid.

People are often are told random stuff. For example, Last FRB appointment I had, someone who moved to NH was waiting downstairs with me. He said he has a LTC from some town in MA but he moved out of state. I asked him when it was issued, he said 3 years ago (IIRC). I told him it’s still valid and he was wasting his time and money for a non/resident license. So I guess he had both, a resident and non-resident license.

People often forget that you can still be arrested for legal conduct. MA has the best “grace period” of any state that requires a license. It’s technically valid for life. If one just updates his address when he moves out of state, it would valid.
Licenses do not self expire when you move out of state, and the one license revocation that does NOT terminte the protection of an expired LTC is "revocation for failure to file a change of address".

Licenses do not self expire when you move out of state, and the one license revocation that does NOT terminte the protection of an expired LTC is "revocation for failure to file a change of address".
Yeah, that’s a big myth for many states. Some states do require that the license terminates if you are no longer eligible to apply for one (such as not having a residence). AL, CA, and a couple of others come to mind.

But contrary to popular belief, NY and MA are not like that. Sure, some licensing authority has probably illegally done so; however, there is no basis in either states statutes for doing so.

I've never been to Huntsville. Two trips to Tuscaloosa, but other than that it was mostly Baldwin County.

I remember that Huntsville was a center of building a lot of stuff for the space program back in the 1960s and '70s.

We also bought a large number of ambulance from Excellance which was in Huntsville back then.

I was skeptical, but at the time Kimber arms was paying for my move. I got crazy money for my house New Hampshire. Now we are near Huntsville. It is very nice here and very conservative.

I've never been to Huntsville. Two trips to Tuscaloosa, but other than that it was mostly Baldwin County.

I remember that Huntsville was a center of building a lot of stuff for the space program back in the 1960s and '70s.

We also bought a large number of ambulance from Excellance which was in Huntsville back then.
There’s 44,000 people working at Redstone arsenal now. There’s a lot of good paying jobs here.

Back
Top Bottom