• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weak hand tactical draw

I found this tactical video that teaches the right way to draw and fire after you get shot in the strong hand (skip ahead to 1:33). Are operators using this technique pretty often out in the streets? And should I think about switching to a Beretta because the open top slide would be less prone to jamming in this position?

[video=youtube_share;4hHH6CErfTI]http://youtu.be/4hHH6CErfTI[/video]

Is it too much trouble to use the slide release....instead of doing that "hook the sight on your belt, shoe, whatever" to rack the slide? I don't know about you, but I'm not super comfortable dropping the slide with the muzzle in that close proximity to my body.
Definitely digging the weak hand draw technique. Bill, you should definitely adopt that. It may help me to catch up to you in matches....for the 1 time a year that we weak hand draw....

Is it too much trouble to use the slide release....instead of doing that "hook the sight on your belt, shoe, whatever" to rack the slide? I don't know about you, but I'm not super comfortable dropping the slide with the muzzle in that close proximity to my body.
Definitely digging the weak hand draw technique. Bill, you should definitely adopt that. It may help me to catch up to you in matches....for the 1 time a year that we weak hand draw....

I know this is a few months old but thought I would reply anyhow cause there isn't much action in here. I was thinking the same thing about the slide release and kind of flagging yourself to rack the slide. My only thought for the reason why is that you train the same way all the time. By always racking on your body you train for both when the slide locks back and when it doesn't. In the event that it doesn't lock back you still do the same motion you are used to.

I don't know about all that upside down firing. No thanks. If my right arm is f*cked I can reach my left behind my back and draw from my IWB pretty easily.

Of course, I don't own any leg holsters. [laugh]

I don't typically have a thigh rig and dump pouch when I CC. As far as weak hand stuff, gear placement needs more thought before you go full tacti-drill

I don't typically have a thigh rig and dump pouch when I CC. As far as weak hand stuff, gear placement needs more thought before you go full tacti-drill

This is exactly what I was thinking. How often does one go out in public like this guy? It looks like he is tucking the gun into his kneepads on this tiny screen, why not just use the holster? And why the hell are you only loading 3 rounds in a mag?

This guy is

Tactical-As-Fill-In-The-Blanks-Shirt-TriBlack-Full-Resolution.jpg

if you get shot in the gun arm, and you are alone, you will survive almost totally by luck. your gun is probably going to be on the ground, for starters. I don't practice, nor do i teach, such baloney except to very dedicated, very advanced people. Everyone else is way ahead getting faster at the 'standard" stuff, inside of 5 yds,, with much of it at 6 ft or so. If the situation is closer than that, a hand to hand move is probably going to be more effective, if you have any hth ability, that is. Which of course, 90+% of agile adult men do not. And if you are a large, strong, agile male, which 3/4 of the population is not. Less than 5% of any ccw allowed state actually bothers to carry. That's ridiculous, being that lazy/apathetic/head in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom