well one Brit isn't rolling over to the Crown

....It looks like a Sten, only cruder, which I didn't know was possible.

During the Bosnian conflict the Serbs mass produced a 12.7mm single shot sniper rifle using nothing but some pipe with rifling cut on the inside, and a bit of bar stock turned on a lathe.

See Washington? If you wish to totally eliminate guns, you'll need to eliminate indoor plumbing as well!

The real question is...sans machinery, how does one rifle a barel?

You make a little plug, about the same as a bullet, but cylindrical. You make two flutes to stick out on the side, in a spiral pattern. Then you heat it up and quench it so that it is hardened.

You take this plug, place it in one end of the barrel, and push it thru with a steel rod. As it goes down the barrel, it cuts grooves on the inside of the barrel in a spiral pattern.

You make a little plug, about the same as a bullet, but cylindrical. You make two flutes to stick out on the side, in a spiral pattern. Then you heat it up and quench it so that it is hardened.

You take this plug, place it in one end of the barrel, and push it thru with a steel rod. As it goes down the barrel, it cuts grooves on the inside of the barrel in a spiral pattern.

Ok.

This was the page I found the most disturbing.

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/readthis.shtml

Have to give the guy credit for standing behind his depleted rights under the Brit government.

I don't feel safe when I go back there...

Wow. That must be on bad doctor. After three visits, he still cannot figure out that the guy has a mental disorder because he believes in the personal ownership of firearms? How long before the doctor is in prison with this guy because he wouldn't label this "criminal" as having a severe mental disorder requiring him to be confined to an institution for life?

the problem with the UK is that these people are subjects not citizens like we are they don't have a bill of rights that is set in stone. they have been rolling over like dogs to there governments every whim since the beginning of the kingdom they don't have the "live free or die" mindset like we do. they are ruled by a fascist system as well as all of Europe.

Last edited:
Having to pull the trigger for each separate shot is very tiresome and unnecessary in my humble opinion

I like this guy.

Yeah, the background is a bit annoying. Yeah, I keep looking over my shoulder reading his page.

Yeah, I'm quite interested in what he has to say.

I like this guy.

Yeah, the background is a bit annoying. Yeah, I keep looking over my shoulder reading his page.

Yeah, I'm quite interested in what he has to say.

You just know that site is being monitored, thats why. Brave guy though, carry on.

Should not have clicked the link from my barracks laptop... There goes my security clearance...

Uh, it was RESEARCH for my class on terrorism. Yeah, that'll work.

The real question is...sans machinery, how does one rifle a barel?

The pdf is 5mb, too large to load here as an attachment.

If you have access to bittorrent:

http://www.torrentz.com/672c000580f55cc335e232d21a01506a168b728f

This is for an ebook with an article describing building a rifling machine with primitive materials. The parts list is assorted pieces of wood, screws, etc.

Ed Note. Although it is an interesting read, showing how colonial era gunsmiths worked, in this day and age, you'd probably be in a buttload of trouble if you actually made this...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom