Went shooting yesterday......

Yes they do. It may be small, but it is still there. And if you get sweaty, your glasses may slide down your nose a bit. Wear a hat. In addition to the safety issue, it shields your eyes from the sun and makes it easier to see your sights and target.
my whiley-x's are held to my face with a strap... it would take some serious force to get them off my face.
i do see the logic of what your saying however. but i dont own, or fire any firearms right now that throw brass anywhere close to my face, so its not a concern. im more worried about other peoples brass hitting me. i aloways have my old ACU partol cap in my car, so i can use that if the range requires it.

but i dont own, or fire any firearms right now that throw brass anywhere close to my face, so its not a concern.
Extractors wear down. Charges are sometimes inconsistent. On an indoor range your brass can hit the divider between lanes and bounce in odd ways.

im more worried about other peoples brass hitting me.

That is always the biggest issue, particularly people to the left of you on the firing line (since most guns eject to the right).

If you wear form-fitting goggles like this: https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Product_Detail.cfm?id=20

then clearly nothing can get between the lens and brow. But few people wear something like that on the range unless they are SWAT or a LEET Mall Ninja.

cudos to everyone for letting dench know why we ware hats with brims..... God bless everyone of ya's

This isn't as good a reminder as someone blowin' off a chunk of finger or putting a round in their leg, but, it is a good reminder either way - THINK SAFE.
'Some' of the most costly firearms equipment I own isn't for fun it's to protect my sight, hearing, anatomical integrity, and ability to process information.

then clearly nothing can get between the lens and brow. But few people wear something like that on the range unless they are SWAT or a LEET Mall Ninja.

so so mean!
orrr they bought them when they were in theatre overseas so they could drive a m113a3 without using the stupid giant ass issued goggles. whiley-x's are excellent shooting glasses, provided your not shooting a AR or anything with AR style sights.

the only time ive ever had something hit me at a range was a civilian one not surprisingly, when the person in the lane next to me shot a concrete pillar which made all sorts of fast moving sharp pieces of concrete fly back into my lane of course, that sucked. no crazy burning brass down the shirt or into the eyes yet.

Last edited:
I've met her; she's worth checking out. [devil]
I met her at the first military shoot, but I never looked at her. Not even once. And nobody and prove otherwise.
signlolevil.gif

Some of my jokes have a delay.
Or as I like to say, "The only thing worse than telling a bad joke, is explaining a bad joke."

their to thick. when you apply your eye to the charging handle / butstock area the frame of the glasses actually covers most of the site, and its incredibly awkward to aim.

so so mean!
orrr they bought them when they were in theatre overseas so they could drive a m113a3 without using the stupid giant ass issued goggles. whiley-x's are excellent shooting glasses, provided your not shooting a AR or anything with AR style sights.
Gotcha.

the only time ive ever had something hit me at a range was a civilian one not surprisingly, when the person in the lane next to me shot a concrete pillar which made all sorts of fast moving sharp pieces of concrete fly back into my lane of course, that sucked.
Some people just need percussive retraining [slap]

no crazy burning brass down the shirt or into the eyes yet.
I've had the brass down the back of my shirt, while prone at a high power match. 5.56 Nato brass is freakin' hot [shocked]

Gotcha.

Some people just need percussive retraining [slap]

I've had the brass down the back of my shirt, while prone at a high power match. 5.56 Nato brass is freakin' hot [shocked]

ive been burned before. i was in a MOUT site at Fort Drum laying on a roof with a steep pitch. fired off about 100 rounds of blanks, tried to move on the roof, started to fall off the roof, dropped my rifle by accident while trying to save my stpuid ass from falling, and then grabbed the rifle by the bare barrel to catch it so it wouldnt fall. i had a awesome near 3rd degree burn across my palm. that sucked to.

ive been burned before. i was in a MOUT site at Fort Drum laying on a roof with a steep pitch. fired off about 100 rounds of blanks, tried to move on the roof, started to fall off the roof, dropped my rifle by accident while trying to save my stpuid ass from falling, and then grabbed the rifle by the bare barrel to catch it so it wouldnt fall. i had a awesome near 3rd degree burn across my palm. that sucked to.

Gloves, d@mn it. GLOVES.
Sounds like you've been the target of the great green sh*tbird.

Are you sure the scope didn't hit your head?If you had a scope on it I mean.

No scope, Well I went back to the range yesterday think I solved it. When I was shooting somebody else was also there shooting. When I went back yesterday I realized that we had been shooting at the only target stand, what where they shooting at, a 3 or 4 inch thick piece of steel. Also there was a hole in the wall right about the level my head had been. And I dont remember seeing it before.

Yikes!

Sounds like the start of a "You know you're having a bad day when..." or "So here's a no sh*tter. There I was on the roof..." kind of story that you tell your Army buddies after 2 or 12 beers...

Or, more likely, your Army buddy starts to tell while you are trying to pick up a member of the appropriate sex.

Back
Top Bottom