Westboro MA Wallmart, no ammo (until further notice).

I'm pretty sure that the ammo log was a Fed requirement but I never bought ammo in any other state during that time (I was reloading everything but .22LR and bought that locally by the case) so I can't be 100% on who required it. I started shooting back in the mid-1970s.

You needed a MA powder permit in order to buy powder at one time. Don't recall any requirement for logging components/primers/powder however, that must have been a town thing.

Lunenburg wally world in same boat. Guy at counter said the stores license has expired and no ammo sales until new license. No time frame given.

Lunenburg wally world in same boat. Guy at counter said the stores license has expired and no ammo sales until new license. No time frame given.

Did they clean out the ammo cabinet in Lunenburg or just put a sign on it? In Northboro there wasn't even a particle of dust in the cabinet!

You needed a MA powder permit in order to buy powder at one time. Don't recall any requirement for logging components/primers/powder however, that must have been a town thing.

Yup' they were waisting there time recording every single primer in Shrewsbury and elsewhere....the store workers used to joke about it, and the Nazi (America hating) types that were behind it.

I remember having to fill out a form at the Fair in Worcester/Millbury when I bought ammo there. I remember that included BBs and pellets too...which required an FID.

Yup' The Fair too, too bad they closed though, they had a good selection or firearms & ammo....
But then the State and Worcester started threatening businesses like The Sports Authority to stop selling arms....and they caved.
Good thing Dicks stood up to these disgusting Marxists....along w/ Wallmart. Although none of the big chains sell handguns any more in MA.

The old requirement to record all ammunition sales was federal, either that or Massachusetts managed to force both California and Arizona to knuckle under to their demands. As I recall when one of the congressional committees was having hearings on FOPA, someone asked ATF how many crimes had been solved or assisted by the recording requirement, which had been in effect for years and consumed in tens of millions of man hours. When ATF had to answer zero, that was pretty much the end of it. Of course Massachusetts wouldn't give in that easily. After all, whats a few million dollars of your money if it saves even zero lives and accomplishes nothing?

Ken

As I recall when one of the congressional committees was having hearings on FOPA, someone asked ATF how many crimes had been solved or assisted by the recording requirement, which had been in effect for years and consumed in tens of millions of man hours. When ATF had to answer zero, that was pretty much the end of it. Of course Massachusetts wouldn't give in that easily. After all, whats a few million dollars of your money if it saves even zero lives and accomplishes nothing?

Ken

Reminds me of the MA assault weapon ban the Marxists Politicians & police were pushing for. When asked how many crimes were committed here w/ assault weapons they had to say ZERO! But that didn't stop then from enacting there new law.
(in fact there were ZERO crimes committed by assault weapons in all of New England at the time!)

Either they have to renew their Ammo License OR the store manager does not have a LTC-A. Needs to renew, perhaps.

Maybe they got a new manager. That has occurred before.

Back
Top Bottom