• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did I buy?

Picked these up at an estate sale and am having a hard time identifying them:

Bayonet measures about 12" total and has a stamp that looks like a triangle with a "B" inside it (not positive though).

Tall shell:
Bullet diameter 1.285"
Brass diameter (not including rim) 1.50"

Shorter shell:
Bullet diameter 1.315"
Brass diameter (not including rim) 1.43"

Now the big question, how can i verify that these are inert? Where the primer is there is some white powderish substance. The hole in one of the shells does not go all the way into the cartrage (i did not force it). I gave them both a shake and did not hear anything, but then again, I am not sure if that test would work on these.

2qobrvz.jpg

Em28YkP.jpg

kxComsT.jpg

LKHppts.jpg

f3jHNsS.jpg

I1gGFi7.jpg

8AcemUt.jpg

Picked these up at an estate sale and am having a hard time identifying them:

Bayonet measures about 12" total and has a stamp that looks like a triangle with a "B" inside it (not positive though).

Tall shell:
Bullet diameter 1.285"
Brass diameter (not including rim) 1.50"

Shorter shell:
Bullet diameter 1.315"
Brass diameter (not including rim) 1.43"

Now the big question, how can i verify that these are inert? Where the primer is there is some white powderish substance. The hole in one of the shells does not go all the way into the cartrage (i did not force it). I gave them both a shake and did not hear anything, but then again, I am not sure if that test would work on these.

2qobrvz.jpg

Em28YkP.jpg

kxComsT.jpg

LKHppts.jpg

f3jHNsS.jpg

I1gGFi7.jpg

8AcemUt.jpg
Letter inside a shape inspection mark would indicate the blade bayonet is Russian.

Yes, anything over a .50.

Rounds over .50 themselves are not illegal per se, weapons with rifled bores over .50 are.

Specific rounds somewhere in the 37-40 mm range themselves are destructive devices, and have to be registered via NFA.

If these round are dummy, then it wouldn't matter. I think/IANAL

Rounds over .50 themselves are not illegal per se, weapons with rifled bores over .50 are.

Specific rounds somewhere in the 37-40 mm range themselves are destructive devices, and have to be registered via NFA.

If these round are dummy, then it wouldn't matter. I think/IANAL
I wasn't going into the ins and outs of NFA stuff. They also looked like dummy rounds. Weapons with a rifled bore are definitely not illegal.

Neither of these statements are entirely true. 37mm flare launchers are legal (and non NFA) as are the flares that you could use in them or smoke rounds.

There are also plenty of weird Title 1 (non NFA) firearms that are larger than 50 cal, they just have to be "sporting purposes" exempt. Example- a fudd type gun with a giant projectile that works from a bolt action.

View: https://youtu.be/NL_2ePLsL_w?t=151

The bayonet is Soviet. The chipping paint / perma-blue wsould have been post production for corrosion protection-- possibly for long term storage or during rifle refurb.

Was it a package price, or did the bayo come with it's own price tag?

Back
Top Bottom