• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What have I found?

union

NES Member
Found this picking up brass on my last range trip. It is in 45acp brass.

Attachments

• 20230808_151318.jpg
    20230808_151318.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 67
This thread delivers. That round could be the holy grail of accuracy at 25 yards or something that could damage your gun. I toss em in the dud box before I leave the range.

That doesn't look like copper plated to me.

It's a .45 semi-wadcutter, probably 200 or 185 grn.

This is the answer... semi wad cutter. Hard to tell more than that. But I do like SWC bullets. Make cleaner holes in paper easier to see/score

more specifically it looks like a COATED swc that has one of those nifty coatings on it to try to reduce / eliminate the nasty fouling normally associated with cast lead.

That's a 45ACP random KB generator. It works by loading into the chamber of your 1911, then you pull the trigger. The results are random and it may or may not do this-

1691927596760.jpeg

Just reinforcing that you should not shoot any dropped rounds at the range. Hell, I won't shoot anyone's reloads but mine. Pistol loads are especially subject to FUBARs as when loading the fast burning powders there is often enough space to double charge the round (a VERY bad thing if it is double charged).

That's a 45ACP random KB generator. It works by loading into the chamber of your 1911, then you pull the trigger. The results are random and it may or may not do this-

View attachment 784776

Just reinforcing that you should not shoot any dropped rounds at the range. Hell, I won't shoot anyone's reloads but mine. Pistol loads are especially subject to FUBARs as when loading the fast burning powders there is often enough space to double charge the round (a VERY bad thing if it is double charged).
Looks like a good time there. I had no intention of shooting it. Was just curious as I haven't seen a round like it before.

I cast and hand-load.45acp 185 grain semi-wadcutters. Out of my Colt Combat Commander they are ridiculously accurate.
The Marlin Camp .45 likes them too.
Way more accurate than round nose out of my guns.

You'll learn how to cast and coat bullets just like that for pennies.

You'll learn how to cast and coat bullets just like that for pennies.
I want to do all this stuff. It's my schedule that doesn't play nice most of the time. Work starts at 4am for me. I'm up at 2am to get ready. We work a lot of Saturdays, however we are out 12pm the latest that day. Nights are tough. My 7 year old does everything. Soccer, dance, basketball, girlscouts, shooting, fishing, and now wants to add archery to that. Some stuff my wife can't do with her so I'm the one which is great. Juts eats up that spare time. Then there is the extra BS my wife wants me to do like go to kids birthday parties and socialize. I usually end up standing alone and thinking about what I'm going to do when I leave :) I have met a couple of people that are interested in similar things.

Anyway yes I would do all this fun learning as long as time allows.

Looks like a good time there. I had no intention of shooting it. Was just curious as I haven't seen a round like it before.
Good call. :)

As for having time to reload, cast, etc.- The kids grow up quickly and before you know it they'll be driving themselves and ignoring their parents. [laugh] You'll have time at that point- I did.

Back
Top Bottom