• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the deal with demilled & deactivated?

I've been browsing gun sites all day on a search for a couple of different milsurps & I found a couple of sites selling milsurp rifles in non firing, deactivated or demilled? What's the deal with that & what purpose do these non functional pieces serve other than for display?

Can a demill be disassembled & restored to firing order?

I've been browsing gun sites all day on a search for a couple of different milsurps & I found a couple of sites selling milsurp rifles in non firing, deactivated or demilled? What's the deal with that & what purpose do these non functional pieces serve other than for display?

Can a demill be disassembled & restored to firing order?

On the 1903 they weld the firing pin hole on the bolt closed, Weld the magazine cutoff to the reciever, weld the barrel and reiever together and jam a steel rod down the barrel among other things. I suppose someone who is good at metal working could bring them back but dollar wise it would not be worth it.. On other milsurps I would imagine the demil procedure would be similar.

03C

Last edited:
On the 1903 they weld the firing pin hole on the bolt closed, Weld the magazine cutoff to the reciever, weld the barrel and reiever together and jam a steel rod down the barrel among other things. I suppose someone who is good at metal working could bring them back but dollar wise it would not be worth it.. On other milsurps I would imagine the demil procedure would be similar.

03C

What a terrible waste of a great rifle. [sad]

Back
Top Bottom