Where is this place? and

who wants to take me there and teach me how to shoot?

Range_regional2.JPG

I'm just starting to get into rifles, and am not very good. But this looks awesome.

so who's a member here, wants to teach me to shoot, and has patience for a distance noob?

I'll supply ammo and some laughs(mostly at my expense)

and if you want to grab a beer or 2 after, I'll supply that too.

I'm going to try and sign up for a future appleseed too

who wants to take me there and teach me how to shoot?

You don't learn to shoot at that distance at a public range,unless of course you are using someones rifle already dialed in for that distance.

Work up to it,hell I wouldn't step on to that range without shooting at 500 yds first.

Now if we lived near a desert where you can just drive out,put a target up a mile away,that would be a different story..I think you actually have to be qualified to use that range anyway.

Last edited:
Nashua has several national match course events and clinics during the shooting season, as well as a military match or two. These are a great opportunity to get your feet wet at longer distances, and the public is welcome. The folks there are extremely knowledgeable (a bunch of Camp Perry guys) and they would be glad to help you dial in your rifle up to the 600 yard mark.

What gun are you planning to shoot?

Just remember, you'll probably have to do "pit duty", which means marking the targets for another string of shooters, while downrange behind the berm. Interesting experience to have highpower rifle bullets zipping over your head!

Nashua has several national match course events and clinics during the shooting season, as well as a military match or two. These are a great opportunity to get your feet wet at longer distances, and the public is welcome. The folks there are extremely knowledgeable (a bunch of Camp Perry guys) and they would be glad to help you dial in your rifle up to the 600 yard mark.

What gun are you planning to shoot?

Just remember, you'll probably have to do "pit duty", which means marking the targets for another string of shooters, while downrange behind the berm. Interesting experience to have highpower rifle bullets zipping over your head!

When do these events take place ? I would love to learn things from the Natl Match guys.

Here is a google earth map of all the North East 600 & 1000 yard ranges that shoot High Power from PEI in Canada all the way to Quantico Virginia. If you simply google the club name you can get their schedule.

B

EDIT: Sorry, there are a couple that don't hold matches. Camp Edwards and Devens RFTA are not holding matches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom