Where to sell Coyote pelts?

I border a several hundred acre farm where coyotes are becoming a problem (where aren't they now) but anyways... the farmer asked if I would hunt some this year as they are starting to both attack his livestock and attempt to dig up animals they bury. He lets me use his land as a range and to deer hunt so I told him sure.. but I have no use for anything coyote related. So just looking for somewhere to sell the furs after or I wouldn't mind giving a few to members on here if anyone is interested..

I know I've seen some names of places around somewhere but can't put my finger on them now. Try a google search.

You need to be asking folks who trap. I ran a small trap line for a little while, the buyers should have already swung through the New England area by now IIRC.

I'd suggest you take a look at the links page on the Fur-Fish-Game website and check out some of the fur buyers associations.

From the Market Report in the back pages of this month's Fur-Fish-Game it seems "Eastern Coyoyte with mixes of domestic dog DNA" are not being bought by anyone. Winter pelts from western dogs are moving at $25 to $75 bucks depending on how much undercoat they carry. The market report is not available on-line so you'll need to pick up a copy at a newsstand if you want to read it for yourself.

Last edited:
There's a member here, 1776. He was looking for some pelts just recently. I believe he does taxidermy etc. if I'm not mistaken.

ETA: just noticed the thread start date

Last edited:
Years ago when I used to coon hunt, we would roll the furs up really tight and freeze them until end of hunting season, and sell them

DO NOT USE ANY CHEMICALS ON THE PELTS(Not yelling, just cautioning) Using salt or anything else can damage the entire batch of fur that are in the tanning solution, because what you put on that fur could react with that solution. All pelts are dried on a stretcher for that particular animal, K9's are first dried for a day or two pelt out then are taken off the stretcher and turned fur out to complete the drying process. As far as selling your fur there are local buyers, state trapping assoc's have fur auctions, or you can Check with North American Fur Auctions, WWW.NAFA.CA If you are getting involved in fur harvesting, pick up a copy of Fur, Fish and Game. The other periodical is Trapper and Predator Caller www. trapperpredatorcaller.com. Feel free to contact me with any questions, I will do my best to answer them, I think Ham Slam would also help you. The more you knowledge you have of the resource the better you will do.

Thats exactly what I wanted to know, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom