• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which is best? P365, G26, XDS?

Which is the superior side arm?

• Sig p365

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • Glock 26 gen 4

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • XDS 9mm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The correct answer is as nstassel said, the gun that fits your hand the best and that you can shoot the best, which likely will be the same gun. To those who say the Glock 26 can take higher capacity mags, that is true, it can take up to a 33 round stick mag or even a 50? round drum, but who is going to carry either of those choices as their spare mag. The choice will probably be a 15 rnd G19 or maybe a G17 17 rnd mag.

The Sig P365 now has 15 rnd mags available, so practically speaking, you would only be down 2 rnds from a G26 with a G17 mag for a reload. Plus you're already up 2 rnds if you're using the 12 rnd Sig mag instead of the 10 rounder, so, basically equal.

While the P365 certainly doesn't have the record of long term reliability that Glock has, mine has been totally reliable for the 3 years I've carried it with several thousand rounds through it. Whatever you choose, regular practice and basic maintenance are required to be able to effectively use your gun for its intended purpose, simply owning a reliable gun is not enough.

Smith 360pd and ct laser grip, with speer low recoil hps. For a single stack 9mm I really like the Walther PPS. high grip index, unusually forward trigger, good ergos, I get really fast and clean second and third shots. A Glock is very good if it fits your hands. Id rather carry the 19 but I'm way faster with the 19 than the 26 out of the holster for sure, fits me so well it falls into my hand. What really matters is what you get hits with. I'd love a 365 eventually tho.

Ha, I don’t think people actually read those categories. I think they just picked their carry preference.

Now, I have no idea why someone would actually take a sub-compact into “combat”, but I suppose the G26 is most “combat effective” since you can throw in a longer mag with a grip spacer to make a G26X sort of gun.
If you know your going into combat of course you wouldn’t bring a sub compact handgun. You’d bring a rifle right? However from a CC standpoint, combat might find you. Combat to me is at least 2 people shooting at each other. If you were exchanging fire with another human, which would you rather have.

If you know your going into combat of course you wouldn’t bring a sub compact handgun. You’d bring a rifle right? However from a CC standpoint, combat might find you. Combat to me is at least 2 people shooting at each other. If you were exchanging fire with another human, which would you rather have.
The definition of combat is loose enough for your interpretation to be totally right. I just think of combat on a larger scale. What you described is just a shootout, fight, gunfight, or firefight to me. But just personal interpretations.

I have the P365 (not XL) it shoots great and disappears under a t-shirt w/ AIWC holster w/ extra mag (Tier1 AGIS elite). I do wish they had the slide cut for RDS on the smaller version. I can't see irons and it cost me a small fortune to have it milled and Cerakoted, but it was worth the cost and I'm happy with it. 2nd from the right in image.

P365.jpeg

For me my 3rd gen G26 is the best of those. I had an XD for a few months back when they first came out, then when I discovered (at least on the old models) the extractor was pressed into a blind hole in the slide and was not replaceable I sold it and bought a G19, then a G26. I tried a P365 at a range in Georgia about a year ago. It was small and light with great sights but I had a malfunction or two. Of course this was in a used and abused rental gun, but it was still a turnoff. I like the G26 because a) it is concealable enough and comfortable enough for all-day carry. I wear an untucked cotton shirt with a pattern and a nice belt and holster (nexbelt with a comp-tac AIWB) and it is fine; b) not a factor in free states, but I have several pre-ban mags I can carry as reloads. It's nice to have one 17 or 20 rounder instead of the bulk and weight (and extra reload time) of (2), 10 round mags and c) I have taken going on 10 training classes where I used either a G26 or G19. It's what I'm used to and I am most comfortable with it. Parts, mags, sights etc. are also readily available and not outrageously priced like sig mags (c'mon, 50 bucks for a magazine?)

Lotta you MA boys get hustled to Sig by your FFLs as well as get into the awe of Glock Perfection, the naughty gun Maura doesn't want you to have. Take a peek at the HK P30SK and fondle it, pop a few rounds off at the range with it, you might just find a new favorite.

Lotta you MA boys get hustled to Sig by your FFLs as well as get into the awe of Glock Perfection, the naughty gun Maura doesn't want you to have. Take a peek at the HK P30SK and fondle it, pop a few rounds off at the range with it, you might just find a new favorite.
It's a good bit larger than the G26 and P365 though. And if it's anything like the P2000SK I had, hard pass.

I have the G26, Glock 43, P365 and VP9SK. For EDC I would go with the P365.
the VP9SK fits best in the hand, but a bit heavy. Best trigger
G26 also a bulkier option but shoots where I point
G43 best for slim and light
P365 just a bit snappy and more accurate than I would expect it to be.
Having one each of these, never bought the XDS.

The P2000 is a better carry gun than the sk, IMO. The grip on the sk is just too small.
Never understood that argument if the glock 26 is a 2 finger grip and people are fine with it, don't see why it's suddenly a negative on the SK. If that's the case just use a finger extension mag.

Why the G26 compared to those and not a G43 variant? That would be a better comparison

not a lot of love for the XDS here, but I love mine. So much that I have 2. But I also have the P365, G26, and G43.

my least favorite is the G43. The 365 is the best for concealment for me.

if I had to choose just one, it would be the G26 just because it can take full size Glock mags that I have in plenty.

The P2000 is a better carry gun than the sk, IMO. The grip on the sk is just too small.
The amount of grip length on the p2000 and p30 sk's that You sacrifice by going with the compact versions is not worth it IMHO. I take the full size of either any day of the week.

I think we can all agree for the sake of this conversation the G26 is a reliable gun.

It does have the advantage of using larger Glock magazines from the 17, 18 and 19, and for the longest time that is what IMHO made it very popular.

The reality is the G19 is not all that much larger, and it gives you a much better grip without the use of extended floor plates.

Personally, IMHO the G26 was made obsolete by the 43X, and if you want to compare some of the Sig offerings to the 43X, the 365's get a lot of points because they are readily available in MA.

I'd have a hard time justifying buying a G26 at this point

Speaking of p365 magazines - is there any deal better than one from an eBay with 3 mags for $80?

Last edited:
For belt carry, G19 beats everything mentioned in this thread. But a G43 and P365 can be pocket guns, so therein lies their advantage.

Never understood that argument if the glock 26 is a 2 finger grip and people are fine with it, don't see why it's suddenly a negative on the SK. If that's the case just use a finger extension mag.

I can’t do the 26 either. I only use the finger extension mags on the sk and it’s still uncomfortably small.

My kid got a set of these cheap nerf guns for Christmas, cracks me up every time we shoot them. I wonder if this was the inspiration for the "grip zone" or if somebody from Springfield got new job.
PXL_20220508_030250774.jpg

i still think the G19 is the measuring stick for 4" striker guns.
Agree here. But i've gone to just carrying full size 90% of the time.

The other 10%.........As much as I hate mouse guns I'm probably getting a Taurus GX4 toro soon. At 350 dollars out the door, most of you P365 lovers will say it sucks.[devil2][devil2]

But if its anything as good as my G3C. I can just laugh and spend the extra 300 on ammo or an optic, which is super gay on a mouse gun.

Agree here. But i've gone to just carrying full size 90% of the time.

The other 10%.........As much as I hate mouse guns I'm probably getting a Taurus GX4 toro soon. At 350 dollars out the door, most of you P365 lovers will say it sucks.[devil2][devil2]

But if its anything as good as my G3C. I can just laugh and spend the extra 300 on ammo or an optic, which is super gay on a mouse gun.
The G3C is a great gun for sure

Back
Top Bottom