• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

White Fort Worth police officer shoots and kills 28-year-old black woman in her home

Nothing inherently wrong with a reasoned welfare check, but announce yourself loudly on arrival, don’t go creeping around someone’s backyard uninvited, and don’t shoot into anyone’s windows unless someone is shooting out.

:emoji_tiger:

Seriously... like how is knocking on the door not the first thing you f***ing do.

If i saw someone creeping around my house id have a gun out too

Police did not identify the officer but said he is white”

How can it be that his race is more relevant than his identity?

:emoji_tiger:

My guess would be that the police didn't come out and say "A white officer shot a black lady". Instead it was probably a reporter asking about it because they want to make race an issue.

This makes no sense:

"Along with the video, police released photos of a gun they said officers found inside the residence. They did not say where the gun was found, whether Jefferson was holding it, or whether the officer saw it before he fired."

Isn't the camera ON all the time? ... so, they should be able to see in the video where the gun was found?

The day will come when you really need that throwdown. This was that day.

Seriously... like how is knocking on the door not the first thing you f***ing do.

If i saw someone creeping around my house id have a gun out too
I use the Liberal tactic; curl into fetal position, start crying, pee myself and blow the rape whistle.

Im not a pro Liberal operator yet, so I cant sh*t my pants, but in working on that.

That has been proven to be an effective defense.

I use the Liberal tactic; curl into fetal position, start crying, pee myself and blow the rape whistle.

Im not a pro Liberal operator yet, so I cant sh*t my pants, but in working on that.

That has been proven to be an effective defense.

Ironically, in this case, that liberal tactic would have probably kept her alive. Probably.

She was playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew. Meaning, said nephew was immediately downrange and got to see auntie bleed out.

The only welfare check needed was AFTER the cops caused the emergency.

My bet is that it is a training issue.

I watched a local police department train at my range a few years back. They were just finishing up so we waited and watched. It was eye opening.

The command they were using was: “Stop. Drop the knife.” The only problem was that they started shooting after the word drop.

Bob

The law needs to be applied here. If I as your neighbor went to check on you, having valid reason to feel something was amiss. I then shoot and kill you through a window. Id be in jail for murder, as it ought to be. The real issue is not (or at least should not be) race. The real issue is decency. Our society is based on laws, principal amongst those laws, no killy killy. Murdering a no go all day, every day. We have to stop allowing certain groups to just kill someone else, because they freaked out. Cops do have tough jobs, a job i don't want. This case was not some clown failing to comply or follow commands, she was in her own house, told by an unidentified stranger to put her hands up once, (perhaps she did not even hear or understand the command through a window) then murdered. Not shot, but murdered.

oh they are going to love him in prison, 28 year old white ex cop who killed an unarmed woman (of color) in her home while she was minding her own business...

Welcome to the real Justice system Officer.

He should have eaten a bullet over the weekend, he is going to wish he did any second now.

The Civil lawsuit will bankrupt the city with any luck

My bet is that it is a training issue.

I watched a local police department train at my range a few years back. They were just finishing up so we waited and watched. It was eye opening.

The command they were using was: “Stop. Drop the knife.” The only problem was that they started shooting after the word drop.
So he performed exactly as trained. Doesn't sound like a training issue. More like a success, as far as the training was concerned.

I’m expecting an acquittal on the murder charge.

Guilty on a manslaughter charge.

Your keyboard to god's eyes.

Nothing could be better for our republic than for the balance to be restored between law and order and responsible policing. Stiff sentences are where that starts. No tolerance for the State killing people for no good reason.

My fingers are crossed. Toes, too.

I’m expecting an acquittal on the murder charge.

Guilty on a manslaughter charge.

I agree, if it goes to trial. If he intentionally shot her, it's murder. But to be convicted of murder in Texas, the prosecution has to prove that the defendant intended to cause serious bodily harm or death. Unless the officer denies that it was a negligent discharge, it would seem that there's reasonable doubt about that intention. Manslaughter is the obvious landing pad, because it doesn't require intent, and the relevant facts are clear enough. It may well be the truth of it. I wouldn't expect him to admit to it yet, not without getting something in return in a plea deal. He could get as little as a 2 year sentence and be out in less time--if he survives it.

The video included images of a gun inside a bedroom. Kraus said he did not know whether Jefferson was holding the weapon. But he said the mere fact she had a gun shouldn't be considered unusual in Texas.

"We're homeowners in Texas," the police chief said. "Most of us, if we thought we had somebody outside our house that shouldn't be and we had access to a firearm, we would be acting very similarly to how she was acting."

This should be ALL of America

Back
Top Bottom