Wicked Weaponry's Ben Beauchemin interviewed on public radio

It gets better:

Another thing, too, is maybe we need to start working on training and requirements for people to purchase firearms.

You have to be open to looking at the background check system, looking at training, things like that, because those are what's going to — in my opinion — yield better results

Be certain who your friends are.

Mandatory training?? Some how training turns a fool with a gun into a safe gun handling expert? The fool is still a fool , and now has a certificate card that says he/she has been thru a training class, and passed a test for an instant in time.

Mandatory training?? Some how training turns a fool with a gun into a safe gun handling expert? The fool is still a fool , and now has a certificate card that says he/she has been thru a training class, and passed a test for an instant in time.

And, note he called for training to simply purchase a firearm, not to carry a firearm.

gun shop owners are like actors, stick to your business and do it well. Once you start playing politics and spread your opinions, this may adversely impact your business.

So he won't sell bumpstocks and never liked them to begin with. To be fair they are ridiculous novelty devices for which an ATF letter was probably going to be issued anyway. His prerogative.

He also wants mandatory training and licensing but thinks that should get us carry reciprocity. Good luck with that since it would require gun prohibitionists to participate in the "compromise" part of "compromise."

On what would he want to "compromise" once the next piece of hardware gets bad PR following a mass shooting were a mandatory training and licensing regime to already be in place?

Pretty funny that he rolled into Mass during the ar frenzy and unloaded almost his whole inventory and now this crap? I hope he was misquoted and he's not really this stupid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, Ben, did NPR misrepresent your comments or did you really endorse more government overreach into firearm ownership?

Ben's response:
Wicked Weaponry I support firearm owners taking an active role in regulating our industry and sport today, before people or governments (many of whom share no care or love for firearms) make the decisions in our absence.

Too often, the response I hear from gun owners after a firearms related incident amounts to "Eh, what can you do?" That kind of ambivalence is unproductive, and will further ostracize is from the conversation that we should be part of.

What a useless response and position to hold. How the **** does he expect firearm owners to self regulate? What does he expect us to give up to appease the other side of this "conversation that we should be a part of"? Has he been paying any attention at all to what the anti crowd has been doing for decades? He sounds like he's another mass shooting or two away from giving up semiautos - yes even the butt ugly colorful AR15s in most of his pictures online.

Ben Beauchemin doesn't understand the 2nd amendment, he doesn't understand gun grabbers, and he doesn't understand that keeping your mouth shut is usually the best course of action in situations like this.

So, Ben is back pedaling a bit I think some follow up posts for those on the faceyspacey book

Wicked WeaponryI didn't mean to sidestep your question Patrick, my apologies.

To put a more fine point on it, I don't want the government to step in at all. I want us to take care of any and all issues as a gun community.

Another Thread :
Josh Beal Aside from your sidestepping Patrick's question, this slife would indicate that, yes, you do support more government regulation: "Another thing, too, is maybe we need to start working on training and requirements for people to purchase firearms. Nothing so astronomical that a good responsible firearm owner wouldn't want to participate — something that is actually useful, not just a check-the-box kind of thing. "

984010_1607092209331690_4615326045670044917_n.jpg

Wicked Weaponry Absolutely, I am and have always been an advocate for training; beginner, Intermediate or remedial, and ongoing.

20841743_1558394534183138_4954938227693895643_n.jpg

Josh Beal As am I, but not as a requirement.

Wicked Weaponry Can you help elaborate? Why not as a requirement? Is it about control over the requirements? Or on the basic principle that 2A is a Right, not open to any type of requirements?
(These are the things I want to brainstorm more about, so I'm genuinely interested!)

Wicked Weaponry These are the conversations we need to have so I definitely want to continue this when you get a chance.

I'm going off of the work grid for the night, take care!

Last edited:
So, Ben is back pedaling a bit I think some follow up posts for those on the faceyspacey book

Wicked WeaponryI didn't mean to sidestep your question Patrick, my apologies.

To put a more fine point on it, I don't want the government to step in at all. I want us to take care of any and all issues as a gun community.

Another Thread :
Josh Beal Aside from your sidestepping Patrick's question, this slife would indicate that, yes, you do support more government regulation: "Another thing, too, is maybe we need to start working on training and requirements for people to purchase firearms. Nothing so astronomical that a good responsible firearm owner wouldn't want to participate — something that is actually useful, not just a check-the-box kind of thing. "

Wicked Weaponry Absolutely, I am and have always been an advocate for training; beginner, Intermediate or remedial, and ongoing.

20841743_1558394534183138_4954938227693895643_n.jpg

Josh Beal As am I, but not as a requirement.

Wicked Weaponry Can you help elaborate? Why not as a requirement? Is it about control over the requirements? Or on the basic principle that 2A is a Right, not open to any type of requirements?
(These are the things I want to brainstorm more about, so I'm genuinely interested!)

Wicked Weaponry These are the conversations we need to have so I definitely want to continue this when you get a chance.

I'm going off of the work grid for the night, take care!

Unbelievable. The guy supports a training requirement to exercise a right.

How about this? Same training required to purchase a gun as that to vote or go to church.

Here is a link to the actual thread:

https://www.facebook.com/wickedweaponryusa/posts/1860753967298845

He sounds open to education. Let’s not lynch him just yet.

He didn't care about SB12.

Ben Beauchemin of Wicked Weaponry is a former Hooksett police officer. He hasn't really kept track of the legislation because the licenses are issued by local police chiefs.

"I don't care if New Hampshire wants to allow citizens to legally carry without the permit," he said. His concern, however, is, if the law is repealed, would he be able to carry a gun in other states that had reciprocity laws with New Hampshire.

"I like the ability to carry in other states," he said.

http://www.unionleader.com/Conceale...ents-concerned,-thrilled#sthash.wu4x9kLk.dpuf

Consider the irony that he has a French Canadian last name and the law when passed in 1923 was specifically aimed at keeping French Canadian Americans from buying and concealing handguns. It literally applied to his forefathers and here he is not caring.

Nevermind. I didn’t see that he was a cop.

Wanna know a funny? He was fired for conduct that resulted in him getting charged with a DUI. He was acquitted by a judge, but the police department "considered evidence not permissible in court, including 911 recordings" to fire him.

http://whathappenedtoprotectandserve.blogspot.com/2009/01/former-officer-benjamin-beauchemin.html

Some real irony? Under the discretionary system NH had prior to SB12, he could have been denied a P&R license.

Resurrecting this one. I actually turned around in this parking lot last night and since it was getting near closing time I didn't go in.

Looking at FB the guy has nothing but 5* reviews. Sad because it's on my way home, not too far away.

Glad I checked here for the real dirt. Boycott Shields....Up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom